Download 2015

dentalplan

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, that would be a class set of headliners - I think we'd be up for that! But, I'm guessing that this is just a poll of what the punters would like to happen? Unfortunately, I can't see the headliners being anywhere near that strong - though, I could be wrong ….

Well Slipknot being fourth is promising for the booking team as they seemingly will play when asked.

I can't really see Foos playing - well at least not as the first English festival on a new album when they've almost a free choice of which festival to accept. I can see SOAD making it as if we use their world tours in 2011 and 2013 as evidence then they're due to need some more money next year. :P

Am I right in thinking that two or all three of this year's headliners were in the bottom five of the poll last year?

Am I right in thinking that two or all three of this year's headliners were in the bottom five of the poll last year?

So we're back to Biffy, Pantera, Van Halen, Kiss & Motley Crue? ;)

Edited by PastCaring

Right, first and foremost, think logically.

Biffy will never headline download. For the simple reason they aren't the correct genre. They sub headline much like pendulum and chase and status to fill a void. But headliners will always remain rock, punk pop and metal. Hence the rumours of Greenday.

Now think of download as a reunion platform. Def Leppard, The Darkness, the list goes on. An original GnR lineup WILL NEVER happen. SLash hates Axl and vice versa. the millions and millions they have been publicly offered to perform together just once they have rejected numerous times.

Tool won't headline, they've been gone too long. NIN won't play as Trent Reznor hates LiveNation. Kiss could, except they're basically retired. Ozzy won't play without sabbath now. SOAD are NOT big eough to headline. but do have a new album out and are touring next year. so Subheadliner or 2nd stage header yes. Machine Head aretouring this and next year, again not big enough to headline and probably never will be. Same as Bullet for my Valentine. They are regulars every other year at download, so they are a dead cert to 2nd stage header or sub the main. Disturbed are back next year. so they'll be there. Metallica could be. Slipknot WILL be as Corey Taylor is at Download every year without fail and has been for the past 10 years, whether he performs or not (Like the year he performed one song with Steel panther). Korn will be back at download next year. as will black veil brides. Blink 182 will probably sub headline to Greenday or co headline with paramore.

The thing Download does well is out do it's competitors. Andy Copping is the Don King of the festival world. Glastonbury get 2-5 decent acts a year. Sonisphere try but fail every time as their stage shift patterns are stupid. and the fact the year they had their big year they didn't make enough money to sustain the following years festival proves that.

Download is the biggest festival in Britain by far, and now boasts the largest attendances of any festival in britain too.

Metal and rock was born i donnington, so whether you like the lineup or not does not matter one iota, people return for the atmosphere and the neighbourly togetherness of it all. The fact you can get utterly drunk, mosh out and then ride a bucking bronco with your mates is an added bonus. Yes some people don't like some of the music, I don't like Gaslight anthem and others, but I watch them. There is a reason Andy Copping has kept his job and been recognised with awards for his work and you moaning people haven't, he books what is good for business and for everyone attending. Not you 'metalheads', because download is not a metal festival, it is a general rock music festival. If you want metal go to Hellfest, Ghostfest or Bloodstock. But don't moan when none of those can produce the big guns like Download do!

Right, first and foremost, think logically.

Biffy will never headline download. For the simple reason they aren't the correct genre. They sub headline much like pendulum and chase and status to fill a void. But headliners will always remain rock, punk pop and metal. Hence the rumours of Greenday.

Shame that they wont accept a sub slot and Biffy are heavier than Greenday

Now think of download as a reunion platform. Def Leppard, The Darkness, the list goes on. An original GnR lineup WILL NEVER happen. SLash hates Axl and vice versa. the millions and millions they have been publicly offered to perform together just once they have rejected numerous times.

Err....I don't think any suggested the original GnR and I thought most of that was obvious

SOAD are NOT big eough to headline. but do have a new album out and are touring next year. so Subheadliner or 2nd stage header yes. Blink 182 will probably sub headline to Greenday or co headline with paramore.

Shame that SOAD and Blink are headline sized

The thing Download does well is out do it's competitors. Andy Copping is the Don King of the festival world. Glastonbury get 2-5 decent acts a year. Sonisphere try but fail every time as their stage shift patterns are stupid. and the fact the year they had their big year they didn't make enough money to sustain the following years festival proves that.

Yeah.....sure.........

Download is the biggest festival in Britain by far

So why does it not sell out in minuets like Glasto or sell out at all like Reading then?

Yes some people don't like some of the music, I don't like Gaslight anthem and others, but I watch them. There is a reason Andy Copping has kept his job and been recognised with awards for his work and you moaning people haven't, he books what is good for business and for everyone attending. Not you 'metalheads', because download is not a metal festival, it is a general rock music festival. If you want metal go to Hellfest, Ghostfest or Bloodstock. But don't moan when none of those can produce the big guns like Download do!

When was the last time any big festival booker for the major festivals was fired? Also other festival has won awards you know and I don't think anyone claimed to be a metalhead. Also if it is a general Rock festival why not Biffy then?

Overall summery

1/10

Must try harder

Edited by justanothername

Since when has Download boasted bigger attendances than Glastonbury, or been a bigger festival than it? How have SOAD managed to headline the festival twice if they are only sub sized? And if the festival won't book headliners that don't fall into the rock, metal or pop punk categories, how did The Prodigy end up headlining? Think logically ;)

Apart from all the above responses correcting blatant inaccuracies I think that our "logical" poster needs to sit down and have a think about what he wants to say. It's a bit all over the place, indirect and lacks any opinions whatsoever. He doesn't know his own mind and should be more positive about things he feels are correct.

Also when was the last time a Pop Punk headlined Download and if they book Pop Punk headliners then why haven't the two biggest Pop Punk bands headlined it yet (Blink and Greenday)? I thought that Pop Punk was more R&L but what would I know

Probably The Offspring in '08, and apparently Blink were meant to be headlining in '05 but split up.