Secret resales

Funkyfairy!

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to everybody that managed, very sorry for those that didn't. Did the chap who bought for his sister and her partner before himself manage to get a ticket? I really can't remember who it was, sorry!

I think he did!

I was making a brew in the kitchen at work, was talking to the woman who sits next to me, about how I was gutted I was I'd missed out on all the resales. Suddenly, my phone buzzed. "Surely not", I thought, pulling it out of my pocket. Suddenly, another 3 buzzes, all from Siblin's monitor. 10 seconds and 1 smashed cup (my favourite!) later, I'm sat at my desk, typing my details in. I hit submit, and "An error has occured. Please try again later". "FUUUUUUUCK" I scream, and think this must be my punishment for my prickish behaviour yesterday.

So what did I do? I got on my knees, and I prayed to the glasto tickets gods, and I repented until I was blue in the face. I begged for forgiveness (and no rain!). Suddenly, I felt all warm, and fuzzy inside. I've felt that exactly feeling before... I couldn't place it. I got back up off my knees, placed my bum upon my chair, and I refreshed the page. Upon entering my details a second time, I crossed my heart. I pressed submit, and almost yelped in excitement But I wasn't finished yet. The battle was not over. It was a race against time to select the right tickets, input my bank details until finally... "YES! FUCKING GET IN. OMGAAAAAWD YES" I had booking confirmation that me and my grandma were once again going to the best place on this earth.

I felt that warm fuzzy feeling come over me again, and suddenly it clicked, where I'd felt it before. It's that same feeling you get after queuing in the car parks overnight, getting to the big silver gates, being given your wristband and suddenly exclaiming "i'm at Glastonbury".

Thank you so much Siblin (and everyone) else, my and my grandma now have a ticket to the best place on earth! :D

Mungo, I wouldn't give up hope buddy. They seem to be going up and down, and there's always the competition. I have my fingers, toes and bollocks crossed for you, I hope you get one.

Hehe this post makes me chuckle heartily

see just responded to my tweet, they said unlikely to be any more but to gold out for any declined payments etc.

guess thats it then unless I win the efests competition....... although I would face a choice and a half who to take, the GF or her dad?!

thanks siblin for all your help I guess it isn't my year. Thanks for all the offers of PMing details over to you to sort tickets out, I would say yes but I am frankly a paranoid git with no trust for anyone lol :P

if I don't post here for a few months its not anyone on here's fault, its not anyones fault, I could've and should've refused to see the flat and I should've triple checked my GF gave me the right registration details back in October when I had the ticket page up. I understand I am one out of several thousand that want to go to Glasto this year and I understand that some of you have missed out this year/in the past, I just get pissed off when I seem to be the only one in my group thats 100% dead set on going, I could have bought UMPTEEN fucking coach tickets the last few days but didn't, I should've bought one as an insurance policy and just told the GF I was taking leave from work to go see my arsehole dad or something lol.

Anyway, its been fun guys, all those with tickets enjoy glastonbury festival and I hope to see you all there in 2015.

Edited by mungo57

i like the way they go about this because it ensures the last few tickets go to those who are genuinely most determined to go

Yeah, I agree. All the people who complain about how See manages Glasto, and how it's not fair that tickets don't go to the most deserving etc. These last resales are a genuine test of dedication and Glasto love, and do sort of tip the playing field a bit in favour of the die-hards. I hope they always do it this way (mysterious and unannounced!)

see just responded to my tweet, they said unlikely to be any more but to gold out for any declined payments etc.

guess thats it then unless I win the efests competition....... although I would face a choice and a half who to take, the GF or her dad?!

thanks siblin for all your help I guess it isn't my year. Thanks for all the offers of PMing details over to you to sort tickets out, I would say yes but I am frankly a paranoid git with no trust for anyone lol :P

if I don't post here for a few months its not anyone on here's fault, its not anyones fault, I could've and should've refused to see the flat and I should've triple checked my GF gave me the right registration details back in October when I had the ticket page up. I understand I am one out of several thousand that want to go to Glasto this year and I understand that some of you have missed out this year/in the past, I just get pissed off when I seem to be the only one in my group thats 100% dead set on going, I could have bought UMPTEEN fucking coach tickets the last few days but didn't, I should've bought one as an insurance policy and just told the GF I was taking leave from work to go see my arsehole dad or something lol.

Anyway, its been fun guys, all those with tickets enjoy glastonbury festival and I hope to see you all there in 2015.

Gutted for you, and I've missed out for friends today as well so I kind of know how you are feeling

I have read your story about not getting coach tickets etc and understand where you are coming from. but......... if I were your g/f and I knew you were so desperate the be there I would have told you to get the coach (so you were defo there) and then if GA tickets became available I would have got me and Dad tickets, driven down - you could have met me in the car parks and lugged my stuff in for me . Doesn't help you now I know - and we all make decisions for the right reasons

Would your g/f seriously bin you for having a weekend away at something you clearly adore ?

I really hope there are more tickets tomorrow/Friday and you get lucky

Really over the moon for all of you that managed to get tickets, ran out of likes for the day about a second after they went on sale because I was upvoting everything posted!

So pleased that I've got my tickets, after 8 months of hoping and losing hope and then hoping again. I'm thinking back to that thread that I started on ticket day when a lot of us initially missed out and thinking about how the Efests community spirit has paid off.

Lots of people have done really well helping others out, well done to all of them, major Glastonbury points to you all. There's been a lot of traffic in this thread over the past few days, keeping me glued to my screen, thank you to everybody who's been posting and assuring each other that we aren't the only lunatics out there who want this as badly as we do.

To anybody who didn't get tickets, gutted for you, I've felt that disappointment too many times and wouldn't want to feel it again :(. This thread shows that you should never really lose hope, this may very well not be the end. There could be other resales, there are competitions currently being run by Efests, The Guardian, Thatcher's Cider and Greenpeace, maybe more.

I'm sorry to say that I'm at work tomorrow and Friday, where access to anything but our internal systems and a small handful of websites is strictly forbidden. I work for a company that holds payment details for millions of people, so I'm afraid that me putting somebody else's card details into a website would be a fraud investigation and a permanent blacklist against my name, on the small chance I hadn't been pulled up for accessing a forbidden website in the first place. So, I can't offer my services then, but if there's hope next Tuesday then I am going to be reporting for duty!

Really over the moon for all of you that managed to get tickets, ran out of likes for the day about a second after they went on sale because I was upvoting everything posted!

So pleased that I've got my tickets, after 8 months of hoping and losing hope and then hoping again. I'm thinking back to that thread that I started on ticket day when a lot of us initially missed out and thinking about how the Efests community spirit has paid off.

Lots of people have done really well helping others out, well done to all of them, major Glastonbury points to you all. There's been a lot of traffic in this thread over the past few days, keeping me glued to my screen, thank you to everybody who's been posting and assuring each other that we aren't the only lunatics out there who want this as badly as we do.

To anybody who didn't get tickets, gutted for you, I've felt that disappointment too many times and wouldn't want to feel it again :(. This thread shows that you should never really lose hope, this may very well not be the end. There could be other resales, there are competitions currently being run by Efests, The Guardian, Thatcher's Cider and Greenpeace, maybe more.

I'm sorry to say that I'm at work tomorrow and Friday, where access to anything but our internal systems and a small handful of websites is strictly forbidden. I work for a company that holds payment details for millions of people, so I'm afraid that me putting somebody else's card details into a website would be a fraud investigation and a permanent blacklist against my name, on the small chance I hadn't been pulled up for accessing a forbidden website in the first place. So, I can't offer my services then, but if there's hope next Tuesday then I am going to be reporting for duty!

Congrats! So chuffed for you!! :) It's a great feeling, and I imagine it's even better when it's this late in the day...

Yeah, I agree. All the people who complain about how See manages Glasto, and how it's not fair that tickets don't go to the most deserving etc. These last resales are a genuine test of dedication and Glasto love, and do sort of tip the playing field a bit in favour of the die-hards. I hope they always do it this way (mysterious and unannounced!)

Even though I didn;t get tickets for friends today I agree with you. There was only me trying for them - and they have been quite relaxed about it - not wanting to go for coach etc. Bad timings with meetings etc. If it was me without tickets I would have been working from home this week so I could sit with a seperate PC constantly on and ready to go go go go . I wouldn;t have moved from my seat :-)

Well done everyone that got tickets today, bad luck to those that didn't, but keep trying, still tmrw perhaps

Wonderful reading all your reactions on here, I would have been exactly the same but got lucky in the first sale.

See you all in a field in 6 weeks!!

I have had such a shit day today, my daugther cut her head open and my best friends dad has just been given a few days to live have know him since I was 3 years old. Enough of the depressing stuff but pop on to have a look and see how the secret ticket sales going and now seeing every ones happy posts has cheered my day right up and well done to all of you forgetting them. You have cheered up my otherwise shit day.

Edited by Saint northover

Really pleased for everyone who got tickets due to dedication and determination.

We got 2 coach tickets on Monday thanks to the VisualPing alert, and one GA today. My mate who got a GA ticket today randomly checked the page at the right time. He's counting his lucky stars.

Does anyone know why the VisualPing alert (and 2 other similar sites we subscribed to) did not work again today for this page :-

http://glastonbury.seetickets.com

When it was this page that changed ?