Resale Next Week

Guest seamonkey

Be wary of taking the advice to use multiple tabs. For the main sale in October, the advice from Glastonbury Official was this:

Attempting to book tickets online using multiple browser tabs can confuse the ticket sales process and cause your transaction to fail. We strongly advise that you use just one single browser tab when trying to book tickets, in order to avoid possible problems with your transaction.

http://glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/tickets/2014-ticket-info (5th point down)

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe that multiple tabs on one browser are all operating from the same session, whereas new windows have their own session. So multiple windows is more like multiple people trying to access the site, whereas multiple tabs is still just the one person trying to get on.

I believe that multiple tabs on one browser are all operating from the same session, whereas new windows have their own session. So multiple windows is more like multiple people trying to access the site, whereas multiple tabs is still just the one person trying to get on.

A couple of technical questions about the resale... if/when you get the holy grail which is the booking screen, are you safe from that point? Or can it kick you out if you're not fast enough putting in your details? Obviously until you physically pay, you're at risk of tickets selling out, but supposing they don't, could the system itself go down mid-booking?

A couple of technical questions about the resale... if/when you get the holy grail which is the booking screen, are you safe from that point? Or can it kick you out if you're not fast enough putting in your details? Obviously until you physically pay, you're at risk of tickets selling out, but supposing they don't, could the system itself go down mid-booking?

Edited by pentura

You can try from anywhere there's coach tickets available, which, keep in mind - may not be your nearest city.

There'll be a drop down menu with a list of cities in it and an option for single / return if I recall correctly.

And options for leaving on Wednesday or Thursday also.

I'm not trying for the coaches. I do think you have. Miles more chance with the buses though. We just need one. Last year I got straight through on the second resale. Infact we've managed it the past three resales so I'm trying to stay optimistic.

If you have a mac maybe try using only one tab, I have a friend who uses this system and he is a wizzard when it comes to getting tickets. About 6/7 of us were tryng to get 11 tickets between us in the first sale, he ended up getting all 11 (in a 6 and then a 5). So I reccomend this system, but then again it could just be that he is a ticket wizzard.

Most have already covered it, but my top three tips...

1. Be prepared to accept the idea that its total luck - sometimes I've got in in 5 minutes, sometimes takes an hour, October sale in 2010 I didn't get in at all, from 8:30am to 2pm (ish). There is very rarely a 'system' behind it, although if there ever is (see main sale 2012 for reference) it will be well publicised on here :)

2. Can't stress the importance of having numerous people involved - links to the idea above. Sometimes you won't be able to get in, yet for others its a breeze. Any friends/family that are going with you/have nothing better to do on a Thursday evening/Sunday morning - ask them to have a go. I know that ironically adds to the number of people trying, but needs must when the devil drives.

3. Be prepared - especially if its your first sale. Registration numbers, funds etc. have them all sorted before Thursday night/Sunday morning, the situation is stressful enough as it is without adding to it.

EDIT: Oh, and good luck to all! I was successful in the main sale, but I know many on here (and many who I went with in 2013) were unlucky so I'll be rooting for all of yous!

Edited by GlastoSimon

Ok, I was in two minds whether to do this as the more people that do this method the less effective it becomes by an order of magnitude.... but this may be my last Glasto and I have tickets already.... this of course can't guarantee tickets (there are more people than tickets) - but I know this industry and I cannot think of or find a better way of significantly improving your chances of getting a ticket.

it starts to works once you are on the holding page so you have to press F5 to get there (this is the page which is green and says something like 'refresh in 20 seconds on it). if you do it before this point it will never work.

dont worry about your internet connection speed if its broadband you are ok - if you can tether your PC or laptop to a 3g or 4g device this will probably help, make sure you download chrome and have reg and bank details saved in a notepad doc for copy and pasting,

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Download Chrome Auto Refresh Plus plugin

It appears in the right next to your address bar as blue button with an arrow in it

Select it and go to the settings button at the bottom (cog)

In settings do the following:

· Check ‘refresh predefined URL’ and set it to http://glastonbury.seetickets.com

· Check ‘page monitor’ – enable this feature

· Make sure ‘page monitor’ - Popup Notification once FIND the target is checked

· I would also check the ‘play sound candiate’ for six seconds

· Click save and then OK

Click back on the auto refresh button again:

Predefined URL should be the Glastonbury one

In the ‘Popup Notification once FIND the target’ – put the word postcode – (not case sensitive)

Click on the refresh interval at the top (12 seconds?)

It will now refresh until it finds a page with postcode in it and which point it will make a noise and stop refreshing – turn your sound up

You can do this for multiple tabs – try and have half a dozen going slightly out of kilter