Weather

matt_berr

2004 was red hot on the thursday and friday but rained all day on the saturday and sunday

2007 was hot on the thursday (i think) but rained for the rest of the festival

2008 was alright wasnt it? I cant seem to remember any bad weather that year?

2011 it was red hot up until friday afternoon but from the afternoon onwards it rained. When u2 were on it was just mental. I dont think ive ever expreienced rain like it but it did clear up for the saturday and sunday

Edited by wbarenno

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will be interesting to see if Netweather get the apparent 9.5mm of rain forecast for BA4 correct today.

At the moment, 3.6mm for Friday and 5.9mm Saturday. Notice how the 'worst of the rain' keeps shifting a day further (e.g. was Thursday, then Friday, now Saturday). As I've said many times I'd much rather be hoping the weather doesn't drastically change than hoping it does.

That's the same for a few sites now, less rain on Friday but a bit more on Saturday.

So in under two hours, the rain forecast for BA4 today has dropped by 8mm, whilst the festival rain has reduced to 1.7mm, at least another 8mm drop. I'm sure that will change (for the better and worse!) again 100 times before Wednesday.

I really don't think we'll know till we're there, which is no bad thing I suppose!

2004 was red hot on the thursday and friday but rained all day on the saturday and sunday

2007 was hot on the thursday (i think) but rained for the rest of the festival

2008 was alright wasnt it? I cant seem to remember any bad weather that year?

2011 it was red hot up until friday afternoon but from the afternoon onwards it rained. When u2 were on it was just mental. I dont think ive ever expreienced rain like it but it did clear up for the saturday and sunday

2008 was alright. It rained on the wednesday, and maybe a bit on the thursday. Pretty sure the weekend itself was pretty good. Can't remember too much lingering mud.

If 2010 was trying to find shade and 2007 was trying to find shelter, i'd take 2004, 2011 or 2013 any time (the other years i've been). All three had a mixture of sunburn and damp which is just typical Glasto to me and none were particularly traumatic apart from 07.

Personally I'm fairly sure it'll be another...sunburn and damp mash-up

2008 was alright. It rained on the wednesday, and maybe a bit on the thursday. Pretty sure the weekend itself was pretty good. Can't remember too much lingering mud.

Started Thursday night about 8pm, went through to early hours. Friday was overcast with the occasional shower, quite muddy and grey, felt like a washout year - then Sat and Sun were fine and it dried up quickly. I even wore trainers Sunday I think.

2011 was horrible but not 2007 - it poured down at 10am on weds meaning the site got churned up from the off and most people got soaked walking to site/queuing. The rain on Friday night was just horrific.. we ended up hiding in our tent listening to bono's awful accapella nonsense. Things brightened up after that but you couldn't sit down till Sunday PM and had to walk like sardines on the tracks.. that's what I hate most.

Met Office for Bristol - dry Thursday, light rain showers Friday: http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/forecast/gcnhtnumz

Met Office for Pilton - light rain showers Thursday, heavy rain showers Friday: http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/forecast/gcn5nnctw#?fcTime=1403737200

Two things:

- This is definitely an improvement on yesterday evening

- What a ridiculous difference for somewhere 23 miles further south

This is the best news since yesterday pm IMO - if the front comes in just a hundred miles lower than projected, then things could be a ok.

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2014/jun/23/glastonbury-2014-weather-rain-forecast

I don't know if anybody has mentioned this, wee bit of a rain dashed about here and there it seems

I hate the press so much, they portray that it's always a mudbath yet only 3-4 over the past 20 years have been such.

3-4mm is apparently a 'significant' amount. Do me a favour.

There is talk on the weather forums of the low perhaps heading towards northern France than directly sitting over us.

What can we do to make this happen? :)

It could be as simple as wafting your hand in the air- it's a bit like chaos theory where the tiniest atmospheric changes can have a cascade effect- so get wafting!

Just outside hanging up washing and thought I'd give it a go. Wandering around waving my hands in the air, muttering to the dog about the weather and if I was even waving my hands in the right direction, when I glanced up and met my neighbours eye. It's tricky going from waving your hands around like a nutter to nonchalant but I think I pulled it off.

Just seen the latest BBC Weather (for what it's worth!) and that big band of rain is swinging towards France on Wednesday. Hope it stays that way!

It couldn't be, could it?

steady now.....softly softly catchy monkey.... ;-)

I could catch a monkey - if I was starving I could. I’d make poison darts out of the poison off deadly frogs. One milligram of that poison can kill a monkey. Or a man. Prick yourself, you’ll be dead within a day. Or longer. Different frogs, different times

From the Met Office page:

"Meanwhile the weather is also looking relatively fine and dry for the South West next week ahead of the 43rd Glastonbury Festival. Gates open on Wednesday (25th June) with the music starting on Thursday (26 June).

The Met Office is forecasting sunny spells with plenty of cloud and the risk of an occasional shower during the four day event."

That sounds like almost my perfect festival :)

Started Thursday night about 8pm, went through to early hours. Friday was overcast with the occasional shower, quite muddy and grey, felt like a washout year - then Sat and Sun were fine and it dried up quickly. I even wore trainers Sunday I think.

Indeed, it went from waterproofs and wellies Friday and Saturday morning to trainers Saturday night and all day Sunday. Was a lovely finish.