last headliner...

Guest Flaminglippy

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it looks like the headliner IS the special guest, which points to Chic for me, as they seem to be given that billing everywhere. Dont know exactly those involved nowadays but Chic played Warehouse Project last year and i think that at the very least the Kendal and Warehouse lot are in the same circles, and they played Festival Number 6 which I do know is connected so wouldn't be at all surprised

Kendal website says Augustines are "headlining our Calling Out tent on Saturday night."

Frightened Rabbit have Kendal listed on their page as 03/08

So looks like Suede and Jimi Goodwin clash on Friday night and Frightened Rabbit will have the biggest crowd of the weekend in Calling Out.

Very hard for me to say this as I love Kendal but slightly underwhelmed.

Still has something on their website saying 'Special Guest Sunday Night Headliner Still To Be Announced'. Is this an oversight or is there likely to be another big name for the Sunday night do we think??

As it stands at the minute looks like Tom Odell is subbing!

Edited by Flaminglippy

Still has something on their website saying 'Special Guest Sunday Night Headliner Still To Be Announced'. Is this an oversight or is there likely to be another big name for the Sunday night do we think??

As it stands at the minute Tom Odell is subbing!

Edited by ramragon

As it stands at the minute looks like Tom Odell is subbing!

I'm neither gutted or overly enthused by Example announcement by all accounts he puts a decent show on and will lead in to the new firework finale better than the majority of acts bandied about for final headliner.

I'd be a lot more peed of if they do think Odell is an appropriate sub and there isn't at least one more good band/ singer announced for the 3rd sub, assuming De la soul and the Mondays are definitely the other two.

Even though i don't think line up is that bad it has meant from the 8 of us originally going there is now only 2 of us.

The thing with festivals for me is that I like to have music to listen to in order to make me excited way before the actual festival. (If that makes any sense to anyone but myself...) Although I'm sure Example is a good entertainer I won't be spending my weekend eagerly anticipating his set! Each to their own I suppose.

Does anyone know if there are any more announcements to come? I'm still pretty sure The Fratellis are to be added.