last headliner...

Guest Flaminglippy

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah....not New Order (its not even New Order anymore). I'd prefer Elbow. Great new album.

Out of all the names getting bandied about now...prefer Manics or Kaisers. You need sing a long bands for the last night of any festival. Thats why James doing a greatest hits set 2 years ago whupped the ass of Primal Scream last year doing a self indulgent set of new album bollocks. At your own gig play your new album (not that Manics did, to the extent I walked out at the end saying 'I wish they'd done more new stuff'). Festival headliners though, you owe it to the crowd who have spent 3 or 4 days wading through shit and paying over of the odds for everything to send them home with sore throats and aching legs from screaming and moshing. I read an interview with Bobbie Gillespie after Kendal last year where he said sommat along the lines of 'its our job to challenge the crowd and play new songs'. If he was working his bollocks off doing a shitty dead-end job to pay for 3 or 4 or 5 festivals a year he wouldn't be saying that.

Edited by Flaminglippy

Why would they be holding off if it was Elbow? Yeah, they're touring next month but only last week they were confirmed as headlining Eden Sessions (July 14th) so why would they not confirm Kendal if they were going to be the third?

Edited by Flaminglippy

Must have seen a different set, Moving on Up, Loaded, more Screamadelica, Rocks Off, Country Girl, were all in there. Fantastic gig, highlight of the week.

James? FFS! Oh sit down, go and sit down, but nowhere next to me.

It's not a case of disappointment for me, the announcement states they're releasing the line up for the riot jazz and a sprinkle of acts from the calling out, chai wallahs an houseparty.

If you look at the bands who played these stages last year, with the exception of maybes the calling out and a few guest djs in houseparty you probably won't have heard of 90% of the other acts before unless you're a regular at festival small tents and local gigs.

Doesn't appear that this announcement is anything more than listing a few smaller stages before another main stage announcement comes our way. Hopefully soon !

Edited by ramragon