last headliner...

Guest Flaminglippy

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You been before marc ? There's around 10 stages on from midday till around 3am, lovely scenery and a friendly fun atmosphere, there's bound to be something to do or see somewhere if she doesn't like a certain band try having a wander to the woodland stage and chilling or spend half an hour relaxing in Tim peakes diner and see if a surprise act shows up. Sure the bands help to build the festival but it's everything else that goes on that makes it more fun and special.

Over the 3 days and stages there will probably be around 250 to 300 performances, before you go you'll have maybes heard of 50 of em, 100 at best. Doesn't mean the rest are rubbish, they could turn out to be the next big thing in years to come, how good would it be to say you saw them play for the first time in a small woody enclosure with 50 other people.

You been before marc ? There's around 10 stages on from midday till around 3am, lovely scenery and a friendly fun atmosphere, there's bound to be something to do or see somewhere if she doesn't like a certain band try having a wander to the woodland stage and chilling or spend half an hour relaxing in Tim peakes diner and see if a surprise act shows up. Sure the bands help to build the festival but it's everything else that goes on that makes it more fun and special.

Over the 3 days and stages there will probably be around 250 to 300 performances, before you go you'll have maybes heard of 50 of em, 100 at best. Doesn't mean the rest are rubbish, they could turn out to be the next big thing in years to come, how good would it be to say you saw them play for the first time in a small woody enclosure with 50 other people.

Hi Marc, seen your comments on facebook re selling, what I will say is I bought tickets 1st time (2 years ago) for wifes birthday present because the line up drew me in James, Feeder and Shed7 although only James was a headliner, the other 2 being Dizzy who I'm not into but knew would be fun and Maximo Park (meh!). Mrs BottonRob has similar music tastes so not just me being selfish! (ish!) fact that all 3 of them were great helped but it was the whole KC fun/ choice/ safeness thing that has grabbed us to the point that both last year and this I've bought tickets for the 4 of us (daughter now 12 and son nearly 9) on the day these have been released, well before anyline-ups have been announced.

As I'm been pretty riddled with various conditions, this fest does put a lot of pressure on the mrs (mostly on leaving, tent downage and her having to drive home) but speaking to her she wouldn't have it any other way.

Try to turn her round.

We are into the same bands but I seem to find them first and about 4 months later she is into them,I like the line up at the min and can not wait for Catfish and lucid dream, I know the calling out stage will be what I am most interested in, would just take the 3 rd headliner to be somebody she is well into and we are back on. We are taking our 6 year old lad, named Burgess after Tim so I have the diner on my side too. We know about 15 people going from where we are from too, so that is also on my side. I think she just expected more after last year was a dream line up for us, but we were at a wedding in Cyprus.

Haha the amazing property of alcohol !

She won't regret it, as for line ups don't worry about it, like I said earlier there's loads of stages and things to do. We took a 6 month old last year and she loved it (or appeared to anyway ! No screaming/crying an plenty of smiling will do for me), she'll be 18 months this year, walking and in to everything. I wouldn't hesitate for a minute to take her

Hi Marc, seen your comments on facebook re selling, what I will say is I bought tickets 1st time (2 years ago) for wifes birthday present because the line up drew me in James, Feeder and Shed7 although only James was a headliner, the other 2 being Dizzy who I'm not into but knew would be fun and Maximo Park (meh!). Mrs BottonRob has similar music tastes so not just me being selfish! (ish!) fact that all 3 of them were great helped but it was the whole KC fun/ choice/ safeness thing that has grabbed us to the point that both last year and this I've bought tickets for the 4 of us (daughter now 12 and son nearly 9) on the day these have been released, well before anyline-ups have been announced.

As I'm been pretty riddled with various conditions, this fest does put a lot of pressure on the mrs (mostly on leaving, tent downage and her having to drive home) but speaking to her she wouldn't have it any other way.

Try to turn her round.

not that it makes Weezer an impossible but they're playing lollapoolooza in Chicago the KC weekend.

Thursday announcement confirmation is on twitter, no big hoo-ha so may not be the 3rd headliner that we're all hankering for.

I still think it's the Manics!

Wouldn't mind if Manics were announced but would be disappointed if they were the third headliner. Would they think they are too big to sub?

I'd also be surprised as it would also be a break from the tradition of having one mainstream/dance headliner on the main stage.

Roll on Thursday.