Sunday Legend

FuzzyDunlop

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw Todd play earlier this year in Gateshead. Concentrated mostly on his latest album and only conceded in playing a couple of hits as part of some techno megamix in his encore.

He'd be perfect for Spirit of 71 stage but would die on his arse on the Pyramid.

I'll stick my annual plea for Burt Bacharach here. Also, while probably not suited to the legends slot by himself, I noticed Mike Nesmith played a few shows over here in the summer.

Mott the Hoople anyone?

I saw Todd play earlier this year in Gateshead. Concentrated mostly on his latest album and only conceded in playing a couple of hits as part of some techno megamix in his encore.

He'd be perfect for Spirit of 71 stage but would die on his arse on the Pyramid.

I'll stick my annual plea for Burt Bacharach here. Also, while probably not suited to the legends slot by himself, I noticed Mike Nesmith played a few shows over here in the summer.

Mott the Hoople anyone?

I saw Todd on the same tour, barely picked up his guitar, massive disappointment

Mike Nesmith would be great, not sure if he'd be big enough for the legends slot though

:lol: I was surprised he hadn't done the legend slot before frankly. Sticks out as an obvious choice, if Bryan Ferry's not doing it that is.

Please god everyone tell me you're joking!

Micheal Bolton seems to be doing the rounds on the telly,says he's doing a european tour next summer

Cant seem to get his exact dates but jeez I hope not. :fie:

Agree, as the post above says they are supposed to be cheesy, but there has to be a limit!

Out of what has been suggested so far Annie Lennox would probably be my favourite. Think she would be wonderful.

He wouldn't be right for the slot but I reckon Gary Numan would go down a storm. Certainly Cars and Are Friends Electric would go down well. He was brilliant when I saw him in 2010. However, with his sort of stage show he would need the dark and he's probably not popular enough.