Arctic Monkeys

Guest dentalplan

Has anyone got the link for the album review please? im completly baffled by the 10/10 review, but then i guess it is NME and Arctic Monkeys. There has been alot better albums this year released, and even this week with The 1975 and Babyshambles, and Drenge's the other week which i was very impressed with, why they arnt supporting monkeys on their UK tour i dont quite get. Portugual the Man's album has been my favourite this year so far

Edited by Chief Scout

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's some genuinely brilliant songs on RAM but equally, there's some real shite fillers on there too. If they had taken out 5/6 songs and made it a shorter album, it would have deserved the high ratings it received. In the end though, nobody wanted to be the critic to say Daft Punk aren't as good as they used to be as this is the unpopular opinion.

Holy Fire I thought was a good album but there were only really 2 standout songs on there for someone who isn't really a fan (I.e. me :P ) so I rated it a solid 6/10 but I know this may have been a little harsh.

And AM is a good album, on further listens, a pretty great album but nowhere near bloody perfect. Jeez NME are such arsewipes. I'd probably give it a 7or8/10

NME's reviews:

Whatever... - 10/10

Favourite Worst Nightmare - 9/10

Humbug - 7/10

Suck It and See - 9/10

AM - 10/10

As you may see the album rating correlates with the band's 'hype' (for lack of a better word) at the time. Without the glittering reviews of the debut, their live performances, their singles, it'd be unlikely that there would have been a debut album or a career. Could anyone say that musically Whatever... was a perfect 10? Or was it moreso because of the 'hype' that had consumed the small band at the time? Not really a shocker now that they've weighted their review on the current popularity of the band, they've been doing it all along.