Arctic Monkeys

Guest dentalplan

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nah, I don't think so, I didn't let my opinion on them (or Alex) affect my opinion on the music, I just really don't rate AM highly. Gave it a proper good chance, but it's not doing much for me bar a few of the songs. I genuinely want to like it, but I'm disappointed, I think I'm growing out of Arctic Monkeys or something, tried listening to Whatever earlier and it just bored me to death. Childhood is officially over.

First bands I got into were Feeder, Radiohead, Foos and RHCP. Apart from Radiohead they all only get the odd blast nowadays, but it's still good for nostalgia. First bands I got into around the time of their debut release were Arcade Fire, Bloc Party and LCD Soundsystem, before 2005 I was pretty much playing catch-up. Well, apart from The Darkness, but we don't talk about that :ninja:

First bands I got into were Feeder, Radiohead, Foos and RHCP. Apart from Radiohead they all only get the odd blast nowadays, but it's still good for nostalgia. First bands I got into around the time of their debut release were Arcade Fire, Bloc Party and LCD Soundsystem, before 2005 I was pretty much playing catch-up. Well, apart from The Darkness, but we don't talk about that :ninja:

I think the guitar hero 3 I got for my 11th birthday was the one thing that properly got me into music. Had The Strokes, Pearl Jam, The Smashing Pumpkins, Sonic Youth and loads others on it haha. Before that I listened to what my mum listened to, which was essentially just The Stone Roses and Bowie.

LCD Soundsystem - This is Happening

In contention:

Liars - Sisterworld

Rustie - Glass Swords

Feist - Metals

Radiohead - King of Limbs

Arcade Fire - The Suburbs

The National - High Violet

Royksopp - Senior

Liars - Sisterworld

Daft Punk - Tron S/t

Xiu Xiu - Always

Fleet Foxes - Helplessness Blues

QOTSA - Like Clockwork

Edited by kaosmark2

Haha brilliant :P arse licking bastards. There are better albums than AM this year alone, (Opposites obviously imo cause I love Biffy), but Like Clockwork, The 1975 ;) Push the Sky Away, Holy Fire, Kveikur. And I still need to listen to The National's album, but I've heard great things about it. I'd even say Chance the Rapper's Acid Rap mixtape is better than AM.

Out of the entire last 3/4 years, probably The Suburbs, MBDTF, Channel Orange, This Is Happening, and Blunderbuss too. Sigh, NME disgruntles me.