Funny things you overheard 2013

Guest pie_and_a_pint

A couple of amusing overheards this time round:

Saturday afternoon, near John Peel. Two young girls:

Girl one: So, we need to go to A Cow Stick now

Girl two: It's not A Cow Stick, it's Acoustic!

Girl one: (genuinely shocked) OH! IS IT? (Long pause) What does that mean, then?

Girl two: It, like, means, like, er, without music

2am this morning, en route to the East Car Parks, two blokes, one of whom was ginger and has presumably suffered from the sun in the way that only we gingers can:

Bloke one: I feel like I've been given an all-over Chinese burn

Bloke two: ALL over?

Bloke one: Well, not all. Me knob's not burnt. Or me arse.

:D

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The very young brummie girls in Row Mead made my festival. One brought plug in hair straighteners.

Best was Thursday morning's "can you die from breathing BBQ smoke?" comment. They debated it for a good ten minutes, before collectively screaming, and hurling the thing into a hedge.

wasn't even funny then only mildly amusing. now just the mention of the name Alan for at least a few days after Glastonbury makes me want to hit people single most annoying thing from my weekend although some Irish people seemed to try to change it to Geoffrey seemed funnier or maybe I was drunk was before the stones

Edited by SonOfTroyMcClure

We were walking away after Francois and the Atlas Mountains next to a elderly lady, probably in her sixties at least who turned to her younger companion and said "that was nice, there wasn't a single F word for a change. (pause of three seconds). I don't like bands who think it's clever to say fuck all the time." All deadpan but the timing and emphasis on "fuck" was superb.

While I was taking pics of Glastonbury Tor a girl next to me says to her (assume) boyfriend 'Whats that pointy thing on the hill?' at which boyfriend replies 'I think its Glastonbury tower or something'

Proof if needed that the Glastonbury spirit is lost on so many of the people who go there

At the guardian retailer "Do you have any daily mails?"

Girl: I feel so sick

Guy: It's okay it's okay I'm a paramedic

Girl 2: She's so high on ket hardy ha

Guy: I'm not helping you then it's your own fucking fault!

Girl: Shit

At chic "I thought this was daft punk?"