2014 Headliner predictions

Guest Matt87

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think their music translates well to festivals at all. Certainly their SECC gig in support of "Build a Rocket Boys!" was far superior to their T in the Park show where barely anyone cared.

I felt the same way about Mumford and Sons as well. They're a big act, and I enjoy them, but they just didn't work for me at T, while their own show was sensational.

And I just get this feeling that Elbow playing Glasto in a headline slot is not going to go down well. At all.

Edited by GETOFFAMYLAWN

it's a shout. I'm thinking the subs are out of Kylie, FATM, Elbow and Tinie Tempah. Noel as an outside but where I thought Tinie was very strong for it, I expected to at least see the o2 arena and MEN sold out by now, I know it's only Sunday but they went on sale Friday. I wonder if they could pull him and Example in on both 3rd places slots.

I don't think their music translates well to festivals at all. Certainly their SECC gig in support of "Build a Rocket Boys!" was far superior to their T in the Park show where barely anyone cared.

I felt the same way about Mumford and Sons as well. They're a big act, and I enjoy them, but they just didn't work for me at T, while their own show was sensational.

And I just get this feeling that Elbow playing Glasto in a headline slot is not going to go down well. At all.

Hasn't it been confirmed that the headliners are all bands who have never played Glasto before? The Mirror thinks Depeche Mode will be joining Fleetwood Mac.

I wonder why various tabloids keep mentioning Depeche Mode? Perhaps they've read something about them somewhere? :lol:

(I'll just point out that currently I'm less certain about them than those tabloids print about them).

Depeche Mode may have been big in their time, but they're barely talked about these days.

it's little different for the stones, u2, Fleetwood Mac, etc, etc, etc.

DM are a bit of an odd one in UK terms, cos they're - still - one of the biggest British bands in the world, it's just that that bigness passed the UK by to a large extent (in a similar way to, say, Def Lepard).

But if they are ever going to play then it's likely that they would do as headliner and not anything else.

The problem with DM is that they're considered to be a band who would only accept an offer to headline, an 'all-or-nothing' kind of deal.

I don't know how true it is, it's hard to compare to Europe or the US where they headline festivals because as Neil mentioned they're generally revered or held in higher esteem in tose regions than in the UK.