Glastonbury. Sunday. Music

Guest curts

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sunday is my best day too, although admittedly I have to miss a few people I was excited about due to clashes.

Without them I've got Nick Cave, PiL, Rufus and Vampire Weekend - all people I'm very excited about. And don't forget the potential Park secret headliner...

Friday is my weakest day but still plenty to keep me entertained.

I'm quite happy with it (the only thing being that I've seen them all before bar Pumpkins, but don't want anything too challenging on the Sunday anyway!):

Palma Violets

The Vaccines

Vampire Weekend

Editors

Smashing Pumpkins (or Nick Cave or Evan Dando)

I haven't heard Wooden Shjips, but was looking at their albums today. I think I'll like them. No time to give them a listen until after Glastonbury, though!

A lot of reviews of Suuns new album say they sound exactly like Clinic, to the point that it's practically a complete rip. I've never heard Clinic (another band to check out post-Glasto), so to me it's just really great music. They're very mechanical; really repetitive, insistent drums; cold, calculated guitar work, but really nice and nuanced production. They manage to find some really interesting synth sounds and tease them in so they have a bit more than your basic band set-up.

Not that any of this really means anything until you're listening to them, by which point you won't need my contrived descriptions :sarcastic:

Now go listen!

There's really no acts I'm interested in on Sunday until around 5ish when Jessie Ware, Of Monsters and Men and Vampire Weekend are all pretty much clashing. So not sure which of them I'll end up at (probably Jessie). Although that does mean some time for wandering around and relaxing because on Sunday I'll inevitably feel like a burst couch.

Sunday is quite clashy for me too, not tons on I want to see but probably go for:

Deep Valley - Bruce Forsyth (i'm curious) - Vampire Weekend - James Blake - Phoenix

but this means missing Nick Cave (seen him a few weeks ago), Smashing Pumpkins, The XX and Joy Orbison. So no matter which combo of all of these i see, I'll miss half. Hopefully I'll spend most of Sunday just wandering around having fun doing other stuff.

Editors on the other stage, Gary Clark Jr over on the Avalon stage, a run to West Holts to see Bobby Womack. Many more to mention take a look around, have a look at some spotify lists listen to what ever takes your fancy. You may come across something you really like just by wandering around.