Usable toilets?!

Guest hjglasto

Long drops get my vote too. Fine as long as you don't look down as Turdis toilets really really stink in the warm weather!!! Also one hint I'll give about long drops (sorry if been said before) is take an S hook so you can hang your bag in door save leaving it on the floor!!!

The worst things about the toilets are the ques of people stood waiting when half the toilets are free. My tip is to look at what long drops are empty as you walk up and them walk straight in rather then q aimlessly for ages

I'm sorry if my post offended you, but I didn't say anything on the lines of 'I can't believe I have to be subjected to the hell that is festival toilets, life is so unfair'; I don't see a problem with wanting to use the nicest ones possible. Using that logic, surely we are all at fault if we ever complain about a sub-standard meal at a restaurant?

Edited by pie_and_a_pint

They're generally pretty good. As people have said, if you can time your visit to just after the cleaning crews have been round any of the toilets you'll be OK.

The proper porcelain jobbies in Big Ground tend to be excellent.

Most importantly, make sure you always carry a supply of loo roll with you and some hand sanitiser as you can never be certain when the urge might strike.

One great tip I have is to go into a long-drop/portaloo a lady has just come out from. Guys are more prone to pissing and shitting all over the shop, whereas girls will tend to give the seat a wipe with wetwipes and generally keep it tidy. Huge generalisation I know, but one that tends to be true and has served me well when picking a spot for a long sit-down session :derisive:

Glasto loos are fine now. Once upon a time that wasn't the case. Now they're okay.

It's actually quite nice looking up at the sky as you perform your rituals. Just don't look down (or you will see lots of poo floating in chemically water). Oh, and longdrops over portaloos anytime.

Having said that, I reckon toilet crew start to slack off by Sunday. Come Sunday afternoon and everything gets a bit minging and old skool.

Portaloos till Friday or so then long drops afterwards. Portaloos tend to be ok for the first couple of days then I guess the cleaners just get a bit overwhelmed/give up. I can still taste the aroma of a portaloo I used on the Sunday night in 2011 over by the dance field after a day of heat

In 2009 there were a half dozen portaloos in one of the car parks near gate D....they were clean and non-smelly right up to Sunday when people who were packing their cars to set off straight after the final headliners discovered them....my morning ritual was to volunteer to go to the car for further supplies!

Edited by MickL

Long drops are the way to go - fresh air and the horrid stuff is way below you.

The best tip is DO NOT HOVER. The only way any shit ever gets on the seats is if people hover because they worry someone's got shit on the seat. Self-fulfilling prophecy. But do look, some folk will do it.

Long drops at the bottom of the Acoustic Field, near the main entrance to the Kidz Field I have found by far to the the cleanest / quietest.

On a negative note, I did find it annoying that by the Sunday afternoon, the only aftershave the toilet assistant had available was Joop and that he'd run out of cotton hand towels. Pff.