2014 Headliners

Guest PigOnAntibiotics

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will be very interesting to see what efestivals says post this years festival........

what will be said will be what Michael has verbally lined up, which came my way from a number of different directions. I was quite amused to get next year's names when I couldn't get firm info on this year's.

What normally happens tho is that one or more of them change between Eavis making a loose agreement long before that year's festival and time to sign on the dotted line - so while I'm very confident in the info I've had, I'm far from confident in all three names being right when the festival makes its official announcement.

Having said that, I think two of them are far more likely to happen than not happen. The other is much less likely, I think.

Can we please not have wild speculation without remembering that Robert Plant has said, when asked about whether he would play with Led Zep again, that "he hasn't got much on next year" implying he's open to the possibility and Emily has recently stated that they're her dream booking. Having said that, when Neil raised this a couple of months ago, before we knew this year's headliners, he replied to my LZ speculation that they weren't one of the acts lined up at present.

Fleetwood Mac are a given. It won't be Daft Punk (uncertainty over how they're doing live) and seems unlikely to be Arcade Fire (hate Glastonbury, which everyone seems to forget) at this point, Radiohead seem much more plausible. It can't be Prince (doesn't commit that far in advance). We also know Bowie isn't committed to ever playing live again (yet), so it's not him.

So, the likeliest in place verbal agreements are Fleetwood Mac, Radiohead and The Stone Roses (who owe Glasto a performance).

Haven't been on here all day. Neil, are you back properly or is it just a day-trip?!

Edited by jimmyt

There you go, answering your own question! They're the only band being bandied about with a significant relationship with the festival who might even possibly have verbally agreed yet. There's no evidence that any of the acts suggested will be playing next year, apart from Mac because they've said their tour will go into 2014.

Edited by Frankly Mr Shankly