The virtual campfire is here

rex

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh what a wonderful fire you've got going, and such nice friendly faces too. I wonder if I could be so bold as to ask if you've seen my self respect and my dignity wander past here? It's just that I seem to have mislaid them. One minute they were there nice and close and the next minute they've fucked off, the little tinkers. Fuck me, is that tomato sauce you are putting on that bacon sandwich?

I think you'll find your dignity and self respect in the pile by the entrance with everyone else's.

Earlier on I was wondering if they would burn?

Dignity won't burn, too much salt water in that thar timber

Ba dum... I'll get my commemorative hoody

It's made from that clever silicone stuff you can put in ovens (that was the first thing I thought too). My fella just told me he's picked up a big package from the post office for me which will be this, a new camping stove and 2 new airbeds, I can't wait to get home and open them! Some people get excited by new clothes/shoes/films but me, I'm a camping gadget geek and proud!

Well Purplehelen - you show me yours and I'll show you mine.

My tiny toaster so we can have bacon toasties with your tea. These are brilliant. Folds flat to the size of a plate. Stick it on top of a gas ring and you can do five slices of toast at a time.

28wlyyp.jpg
Edited by grumpyhack

It's made from that clever silicone stuff you can put in ovens (that was the first thing I thought too). My fella just told me he's picked up a big package from the post office for me which will be this, a new camping stove and 2 new airbeds, I can't wait to get home and open them! Some people get excited by new clothes/shoes/films but me, I'm a camping gadget geek and proud!

Ooh I'm not sure I trust that siliconey stuff you put in the oven!! I'm a bit old school!!

That is an exciting package though (fnar), well done! :)

Lol, fnar indeed, how did I miss that one!!

The silicone baking stuff is fantastic, so easy to use and clean. I've got a loaf tin, a square cake tin and some muffin cases and definitely recommend them. I also have a small square of the stuff which can be used as an ovenglove, a heat protective mat, jar opener etc., just mega useful!

I will of course test out the kettle this evening and report back. WATCH THIS SPACE!

Lol, fnar indeed, how did I miss that one!!

The silicone baking stuff is fantastic, so easy to use and clean. I've got a loaf tin, a square cake tin and some muffin cases and definitely recommend them. I also have a small square of the stuff which can be used as an ovenglove, a heat protective mat, jar opener etc., just mega useful!

I will of course test out the kettle this evening and report back. WATCH THIS SPACE!

I have got a pink square of it actually, that I use as a heat mat thing. So I am down with the kids! Hoorah!!

Might have to get some cake "tins" in it then, thanks for the recommendation :)

Look forward to the kettle report tomorrow!

Very nice grumpyhack! I don't have one of these (mainly because I don't really do toast) but I'll suggest it to my camping buddies in case one of them want to get one, cheers.

The toaster was probably one of the best camping investments I ever made. So many toast possibilities: toast and marmalade in the morning, toast and pate at lunch and toast and smoked mackerel pate in the evenings. Bread just isn't the same.

The toaster was probably one of the best camping investments I ever made. So many toast possibilities: toast and marmalade in the morning, toast and pate at lunch and toast and smoked mackerel pate in the evenings. Bread just isn't the same.

Very nice!!

One of our lot took one a few years ago, but unfortunately it broke on the first use and somehow he cut his lip on it. I've no idea how!