Coachella 2014.

Guest Matt42

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yesterday I scanned the DM Home board and I'm starting to think DM may not happen at Coach. The mods over there are saying that the decision was made in August to not continue their tour past the last show they have scheduled in Russia in March. Not to say that they won't do a festival one-off, but it looks like they won't be doing another US leg like we had previously thought (and that they had previously said they would be doing).

Barring some catastrophe, Arcade Fire are a lock, as are NIN. NO idea who the third headliner would be if it's not DM. One of the guys in Cage the Elephant is claiming that the festival organizers were going hard after Outkast. Who knows...maybe this is the year.

Outkast would be a big deal but I don't think it's happening. They probably have a wishlist that they go after every year. Outkast, Bowie, etc. It wouldn't surprise me if they pulled a third one totally out of the blue, like Iron Maiden or something.

I'd watch the hell out of Iron Maiden, personally. The idea of a giant walking Eddie on the polo fields gives me chills.

I personally think it will be something like this:

ARCADE FIRE

- R Kelly - Neutral Milk Hotel - Warpaint - Julian Casablancas -

NINE INCH NAILS

- My Bloody Valentine - M.I.A - Frank Ocean - Mogwai -

JACK WHITE

-Queens of the Stone Age - Pixies- Kendrick Lamar- Boards of Canada -

Edited by thewayiam

I personally think it will be something like this:

ARCADE FIRE

- R Kelly - Neutral Milk Hotel - Warpaint - Julian Casablancas -

NINE INCH NAILS

- My Bloody Valentine - M.I.A - Frank Ocean - Mogwai -

JACK WHITE

-Queens of the Stone Age - Pixies- Kendrick Lamar- Boards of Canada -

Edited by dentalplan

• 2 weeks later...

Err no they didn't one journalist reckons they will re-form (despite only last year Outkast saying they hadn't split up but were on hiatus) and are in talks with Coachella (something Coachella have neither confirmed or denied yet), one other journalist has said he's also heard (one or other or both of) Outkast are in talks - and in other people's heads that means they're playing. Outkast themselves haven't commented on it either.

Edited to add: Interestingly both original journalists say after Coachella they would extensively tour the US, where as the reports from press sources over here, rehashing the original 2 journos have had that morph into festival appearances. Which leads me to think wishful thinking and objective journalism are getting further apart.

My favourite being the use of a quote in 2010 in GQ by Andre3000 saying, "The only thing I can really say is I'm going to get back to having fun" - that's only 4 years old next year, and therefore newsworthy!

Edited by jadel74

Sorry. Maybe I should have said that someone in the Dungen family (Sleepy Brown) confirmed it and then took his post down. Also, my information isn't coming from the news.

Also, Coachella and Goldenvoice NEVER confirm or deny anything regarding the lineup. Ever. And if Outkast is signed, they won't be permitted to comment on any rumors regarding their appearance.

• 1 month later...