The camping essentials - I've found a bargain which you all need to know about thread...

The Other Steve

Apologies, I hadn't looked at the specification of the torch before posting.

I've used ones from Poundland at several festivals and they have been fine and still work.

I should say I'm a bit of a torch size-queen. If I can't potentially blind someone with it then I'm not really happy

Never bought a tent before, but going to three festivals this year ( glastonbury being my first ever) I've done day tickets for festivals, but never camped before.

So I'd like to invest in a decent one that should survive all 3, and hopefully beyond! Any suggestions? considering it would be a tent for one person too

Never bought a tent before, but going to three festivals this year ( glastonbury being my first ever) I've done day tickets for festivals, but never camped before.

So I'd like to invest in a decent one that should survive all 3, and hopefully beyond! Any suggestions? considering it would be a tent for one person too

The one Tom bought above!

For one person get a two man etc

Edited by jeffie

Something I brought myself today :D, it's instore only but the Quechua 2 Seconds XXL II is on sale with 40 quid off (59.99)

http://www.decathlon.co.uk/2-seconds-xxl-ii-pop-up-tent-grey-blue-id_8205983.html

Excellent choice had one when went solo in 2010 also a no fuss guarantee from decathlon. Brother borrowed mine for a fishing trip but struggled to get it back into bag so forced it snapping a pole. Which the bugger kept quiet. Got it put some months later to check it out before using it and found said snapped pole.

Took it to decathlon to enquire about getting pole repaired or replaced and they just gave me a new tent didnt even ask for a reciept

Excellent choice had one when went solo in 2010 also a no fuss guarantee from decathlon. Brother borrowed mine for a fishing trip but struggled to get it back into bag so forced it snapping a pole. Which the bugger kept quiet. Got it put some months later to check it out before using it and found said snapped pole.

Took it to decathlon to enquire about getting pole repaired or replaced and they just gave me a new tent didnt even ask for a reciept

That's great to know, the guy who showed me how to fold it back did say don't worry if you hear the poles snaping slightly they should last and if not to bring it back and they will sort it out.

The sleeping bit does feel a bit small but I've shared an icarus 500 for the last couple of festivals but overall with the porch I think its bigger than the normal vango ones for 2/3 berths anyway.

Edited by LondonTom

Something I brought myself today :D, it's instore only but the Quechua 2 Seconds XXL II is on sale with 40 quid off (59.99)

http://www.decathlon.co.uk/2-seconds-xxl-ii-pop-up-tent-grey-blue-id_8205983.html

Looks good. Don't have a local, so went for the XL Air ii online. Ventilation was my priority so hoping this fits the bill. Being pop up seems like a bonus!

I asked that question as a follow up to my previous one when someone linked me to a tent which was pick up only - I was wondering if there were any very good deals that anyone knew about online, before I looked myself.

Not wanting to push the boat out here but how about you put in one single iota of effort yourself, or are you waiting for mommee to come do it for you?

People here are kind but don't take advantage so blatantly. At least TRY for yourself first

Not wanting to push the boat out here but how about you put in one single iota of effort yourself, or are you waiting for mommee to come do it for you?

People here are kind but don't take advantage so blatantly. At least TRY for yourself first

Well I only asked as I have never bought a tent before so JUST asked for suggestions

http://www.blacks.co.uk/equipment/043163-coleman-tasman-2-man-tunnel-tent-green.html I was looking at this one but it has mixed reviews.. apparently the poles often snap?

Well I only asked as I have never bought a tent before so JUST asked for suggestions

http://www.blacks.co.uk/equipment/043163-coleman-tasman-2-man-tunnel-tent-green.html I was looking at this one but it has mixed reviews.. apparently the poles often snap?

fair point, but your first post above is after a couple of links from others, which would give you an idea on tents (with an answer from Jeffie). There are many others in this thread if you check on degree of water proofing too. You get what you pay for though, in quality. Pick a 2 person tent too. Edited by carlosj
  • Upvote 1

I quite like this site for reviews (Couldn't see anything for the tasman)

http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/tents/search.asp?m=0&b=1&t=16&g=0&p=0&searchspec=Search+by+spec

You missed the Go Outdoors 30% off by a couple of days, but these seem to happen quite alot on Bank Holiday weekends, so might be worth waiting out and getting a better tent for your money.