Glasgow Summer Sessions

Stuart1000

Biffy are not on a par with The Killers. Not in terms of crowds, record sales, international recognition, just no.

In terms of ticket sales in the UK they are at the moment, The Killers are obviously a lot bigger worldwide with ticket sales but both would sell out an Arena tour in the UK and would attract a similar size crowd especially in Scotland

Edited by Gingo

Biffy are on a par with The Killers atm and Arctic Monkeys are way bigger so I don't think TITP headliners look weak at all plus The Killers played it last year so cant exactly play it again

Summer sessions really shouldn't be compared to TITP anyway because its a completely different thing

The Killers and Kings of Leon last year have a wider appeal than Arctic Monkeys and Biffy. I'm not a massive fan of Arctic Moneys they don't have songs as catchy as the others. They always seem to be at these gigs year in year out though. It's a band I remember there first singles being better and I am not as familiar with there recent hits.

As for the other days for Summer Sessions I reckon possibly Example might do a gig?

In terms of ticket sales in the UK they are at the moment, The Killers are obviously a lot bigger worldwide with ticket sales but both would sell out an Arena tour in the UK and would attract a similar size crowd especially in Scotland

Indeed. Some would argue the headliners for T in the past few years have been average. That's in comparison of some of the bands who have come over the years.

Ah okay, in Scotland yes maybe Biffy are the same size as The Killers, but nowhere else. And people come from England etc to T..

I've got a few questions as I never went last year.

Once you enter the park can you leave and come back even with your ticket or is it like T where you can't?

Is the only toilets the portaloos or is there public toilets within the park?

Is the only food places the snack bars or is a mcdonnalds or such like near by?

I've got a few questions as I never went last year.

Once you enter the park can you leave and come back even with your ticket or is it like T where you can't?

Is the only toilets the portaloos or is there public toilets within the park?

Is the only food places the snack bars or is a mcdonnalds or such like near by?

You can go out and back in again if you want, only portaloos i think and only snack bars inside the area fenced off in bellahouston

You can go out and back in again if you want, only portaloos i think and only snack bars inside the area fenced off in bellahouston

At the Eminem gig, you weren't allowed to leave the gig area and come back in again. Once you were scanned in, that was you in.

Can I ask the obvious question before anyone else brings it up? What are the chances of a Libertines gig?

I know it probably couldnt happen because maybe all bookings arent confirmed,but i would of liked it if all the nights were announced at once so you could have your choice of who to go and see without a chance of missing out on tickets.For £55 a ticket no chance i will be making all nights.

Still hoping for The Prodigy.

I know it probably couldnt happen because maybe all bookings arent confirmed,but i would of liked it if all the nights were announced at once so you could have your choice of who to go and see without a chance of missing out on tickets.For £55 a ticket no chance i will be making all nights.

Still hoping for The Prodigy.

Suppose its just the same as various big gigs being announced and having to judge what ones to do, i do agree though a choice would be good

David Guetta announced for Saturday 16th August.

Surprised they've gone for another dance act for the Saturday after the Avicii shambles last year but it's apparently 18+ which makes sense. They'll struggle to sell it with that restriction I reckon.

Edited by Stuart1000

I'd doubt Kasabian would be, with their 3 small dates in Scotland already as well as R1BW. I'd imagine they're more likely for TITP next year.

Same with Paolo, can't see him doing TITP, R1BW and GSS all within a matter of months.

• 2 weeks later...