The Smashing Pumpkins

Guest Porcelina

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the name that sprang out at me most on yesterday's poster (given I was certain The Rolling Stones would be appearing).

One of very few bands that have been around for any length of time that I've yet to get around to seeing so very much looking forward to it.

likewise about 1979. probably my favourite song by them, and their recent live versions of it have been absolutely fantastic

not the best video but it gives you a good idea of just how amazing it will be. i'd take 1979 over most of their other songs any day

Dinosaur Jr, Nick Cave and the Pumpkins are like the main 3 bands I want to see, That's actually going to be the stinkiest clash I've ever had at Glasto!

Even though I could buy a ticket to see the Pumpkins at Wembley, I just reckon it's going to be fucking magic to see them at Glasto so I reckon they'll have to win!

Dinosaur Jr, Nick Cave and the Pumpkins are like the main 3 bands I want to see, That's actually going to be the stinkiest clash I've ever had at Glasto!

Even though I could buy a ticket to see the Pumpkins at Wembley, I just reckon it's going to be fucking magic to see them at Glasto so I reckon they'll have to win!

70% of the Pumpkins career has been arse. But 'Siamese Dream' is a pretty much perfect record. It is a coruscant, heart warming masterpiece.

If the "Ask yourself a question..." coda bit at the end of 'Hummer' is MOR (as the record is described upthread) then I wish all music was MOR.

70% of the Pumpkins career has been arse. But 'Siamese Dream' is a pretty much perfect record. It is a coruscant, heart warming masterpiece.

If the "Ask yourself a question..." coda bit at the end of 'Hummer' is MOR (as the record is described upthread) then I wish all music was MOR.

Edited by abdoujaparov

It's an ok album. Just formulaic and, in my opinion, pretty much indistinguishable from a load of other generic American rock of the same period. It's nothing to get excited about.

In my opinion

Eta - I'm unlikely to be persuaded their wise, and I accept that there are people who think I'm wrong...c'est la vie