The Smashing Pumpkins

Guest Porcelina

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw them play it at Brixton in 2011, it was awesome!

On a side note, I wish they'd drop Zero and BWBW from a tour or too. I'm pretty sure they've played it at every show over the past five years, compared to 1979 or Today which don't get played at some shows.

Also, they need to play Rocket more!

tbh i've never really rated Zero but can understand why it's always in their set lists. BWBW isn't their best song either but i bet it'll make the crowd lose their shit. was surprised to see that Today wasn't a live staple, and as for 1979... all i can do is hope!

Edited by Chinaski_

think it was their tour dates that led us to believe it was the Sunday. or the power of combined will from this forum. one of the two!

think people also refused to believe that they'd put the Pumpkins up against Arctics or Stones, which makes sense

seems so long ago that we were speculating that i've forgotten how it all went down

SXSW setlist:

Quasar

Starla (!!!!!!!!!)

Cherub Rock

Bullet With Butterfly Wings

The Celestials

Space Oddity (Bowie Cover)

X.Y.U.

Disarm

Tonite Reprise

Tonight Tonight

Oceania

Pale Horse

Ava Adore
Zero
Stand Inside Your Love
United States
----------------------
Porcelina Of The Oceans
Tonight Tonight/Porcelina if played, will almost certainly be my highlight of the entire weekend. Or year.
Or perhaps they'll swap that encore with Today/1979.

yeah an hour / 12 songs seems to be what Other subs get, so i really hope they forego one of their 9 minute epics for the likes of Today / 1979 etc. i swear if i hear them starting to play United States i will shed a tear (of disappointment - hopefully followed by one of glee when they play Tonight Tonight)