The Smashing Pumpkins

Guest Porcelina

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My buddy has tickets for Nick Cave this year (in October I think?) for both London shows and yet is still going to see him at Glasto despite loving the Pumpkins! Good to see some people doing it the other way round and evening the odds :) for me, even if I had Wembley tickets I'd still have to see them at Glasto because.... It's the Smashing Pumpkins at Glastonbury and it it's going to be fucking awesome!

Hey, WHAT IF -

- and, I realise, this is a really big WHAT IF -

But WHAT IF, 2013 ushers in the first ever Other Stage Legends slot?

The Smashing Pumpkins might play late afternoon on the Sunday - at about the same time as Kenny Rodgers.

That way, everyone - without exception - is happy forever and ever.

I have tickets to see Nick Cave in October. And I'm still seeing Nick Cave. If he'd done a gig before Glasto it might be different but I can't wait that long.

I love Vampire Weekend but they clash with PiL. Meaning I'll be at Other stage just before Pumpkins and have to tear myself away from them and my mates to see Nick Cave. It's going to be brutal! Given my emotional state on the Sunday there my may be tears.

But the crucial thing is I can't guarantee the Pumpkins will be any good. And I know Cave will be a highlight. Him sandwiched between VW and Mumfords doesn't work though. He should be headlining Other after Pumpkins.

It's time for the weekly Pumpkins setlist check...

1. (David Bowie cover)
United states go chucked from this one, still no 1979 though. Again I'd be happy if we got this!

i'd be happy with that. obviously because we've been keeping up to date with the setlists it doesn't seem like the most inspired one, but most of the hits (minus 1979 and Stand Inside Your Love) are there so it's a pretty good representation of what we'll get

shame the Space Oddity cover is a mainstay. i'm sure it'll be good but it's rather frustrating knowing it could've been another Pumpkins song

Would be quite happy with that setlist. I'd happily swap Space Oddity for 1979 (or even better Mayonaise) but the cover is quite good so that setlist is about as good as we can hope for.