The Smashing Pumpkins

Guest Porcelina

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't even want to think of what songs they'll have to leave out. I think you can guarantee that 1979, Tonight Tonight and Bullet will be on there but there will be a few big songs they'll have to drop.

1979 seems to be omitted a lot more than you'd think which worries me as it's my absolute favourite and sounds amazing live

god i wish they'd just play a greatest hits set and leave out Oceania tracks

Cherub Rock

Bullet With Butterfly Wings

X.Y.U.

Disarm

Tonight Tonight

Ava Adore

Zero

Stand Inside Your Love

Today

if all of those were played then they could fill up the rest of the set with Billy Corgan deep throating the mic for 10 minutes straight and i wouldn't care

1979 seems to be omitted a lot more than you'd think which worries me as it's my absolute favourite and sounds amazing live

god i wish they'd just play a greatest hits set and leave out Oceania tracks

Cherub Rock

X.Y.U.

Disarm

Tonight Tonight

Ava Adore

Zero

Stand Inside Your Love

Today

if all of those were played then they could fill up the rest of the set with Billy Corgan deep throating the mic for 10 minutes straight and i wouldn't care

true but considering they'll be getting a shorter than usual set at Glasto (can't see a setlist anywhere where they play anything close to only 12 songs) and Oceania tracks still featuring pretty heavily there will surely be some omissions

if they do just get a regular Other-sub slot then i imagine it'll be something like:

Quasar

Cherub Rock

The Celestials

Disarm

Tonight Tonight

Pale Horse

Ava Adore

Zero

Stand Inside Your Love

Pinwheels

Today

which is still amazing, but those little omissions will be missed

just hope they don't play one of their 7+ minute epics and cut down on how many songs they play, although i can fully see that happening

Nice "Original lineup" rant on the Pumpkins facebook page.

"Yeah, like, it's not even The Smashing Pumpkins because it's only Billy. D'arcy should be there. Like, because even though she's addicted to, like, crack and crystal and couldn't stand up on stage and play two notes if she wanted to, she was the original bassist so she should be there. But she'd have to play to a backing track or something. Yeah, that would be good.

And James Iha. It can't be The Smashing Pumpkins without him. Because he, like, he wrote all of the songs. Well, he wrote two and co-wrote two, but he still should be in the band. Billy should have made him be in the band. Even though he asked him and he didn't even let Billy know either way, he should still be in the band now. Even though he walked offstage at the end of the 'last gig' in Chicago in 2000 and didn't even say goodbye to anybody and hasn't spoken to Billy since, he's an original member, so he should be in the band. It would be so tense on stage, but at least it would be the proper line-up. Billy is such an arrogant arsehole. I mean, James was a pretty average guitar player and played lots of his parts wrong on stage. But, you know, who cares right? I'd happily pay for that because it's James Iha.

And Jimmy too. Like, I know he quit because he hated touring and wanted to charge loads more money for tickets and said he only wanted to play, like, 'World Is A Vampire' and 'Tonight So Bright' but he should still be in the band. Billy should have made him stay. Because these new guys are really good, but they're disrespecting the history of the band. Billy should just get D'arcy and James and Jimmy back. And they can just play all the hits. All the best songs like '1972' and 'Zeroes'. That's all anybody wants to hear. It's so obvious. What an ass. And I mean, I'm a MASSIVE fan. I'm going to buy that first album and the 'Ava Adored' one soon."

Nice "Original lineup" rant on the Pumpkins facebook page.

"Yeah, like, it's not even The Smashing Pumpkins because it's only Billy. D'arcy should be there. Like, because even though she's addicted to, like, crack and crystal and couldn't stand up on stage and play two notes if she wanted to, she was the original bassist so she should be there. But she'd have to play to a backing track or something. Yeah, that would be good.

And James Iha. It can't be The Smashing Pumpkins without him. Because he, like, he wrote all of the songs. Well, he wrote two and co-wrote two, but he still should be in the band. Billy should have made him be in the band. Even though he asked him and he didn't even let Billy know either way, he should still be in the band now. Even though he walked offstage at the end of the 'last gig' in Chicago in 2000 and didn't even say goodbye to anybody and hasn't spoken to Billy since, he's an original member, so he should be in the band. It would be so tense on stage, but at least it would be the proper line-up. Billy is such an arrogant arsehole. I mean, James was a pretty average guitar player and played lots of his parts wrong on stage. But, you know, who cares right? I'd happily pay for that because it's James Iha.

And Jimmy too. Like, I know he quit because he hated touring and wanted to charge loads more money for tickets and said he only wanted to play, like, 'World Is A Vampire' and 'Tonight So Bright' but he should still be in the band. Billy should have made him stay. Because these new guys are really good, but they're disrespecting the history of the band. Billy should just get D'arcy and James and Jimmy back. And they can just play all the hits. All the best songs like '1972' and 'Zeroes'. That's all anybody wants to hear. It's so obvious. What an ass. And I mean, I'm a MASSIVE fan. I'm going to buy that first album and the 'Ava Adored' one soon."