Pukkelpop 2013

Guest benrothwell

Editors aren't doing anything that day, I wonder if they'll get booked. Hardly a stellar name, but I like them well enough so it's be OK (for me).

Can only imagine how much of a flap the organisers are in. Losing one of "the big four" and a legend in the space of a couple of weeks is huge. I know there are always pull-outs at festivals but Pkp13 has been hit really hard by them this time.

• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Friends of mine will also be gutted about Courteneers. Are they still playing Lowlands as that wouldn't be on if it is the case? Can't believe Slayer are still playing it, pisstake if you ask me. Shift has meant some overlap between Dope D.O.D. and Frank Turner which is unwelcome but will give Cloud Boat a look now.

Wouldn't mind being a fly on the wall in the PP office today (not that I'd understand what anyone was saying though!).

Edit: My mistake, they aren't down for Lowlands, it's V they are playing. No word of a cancellation there?

Edited by Semprini

Slayer are still playing Lowlands? How is this even possible. Disappointed about Courteeners, not the biggest fan but started getting into them of late so wanted to see what they were all about live.

Pukkelpop tweeted earlier that they are trying to find a worthy replacement headliner, hope they can pull it off.

caliban are for sure better than preety reckless but it doesn't matter to me because they clash with skunk anansie..

I think that I will go to see chuck ragen before frank turner

hope to see as a replacement for neil young one of the following

offspring

cure

deep purple ( in france at 13.8 )

or that young will come by himself!

Edited by amfest12

Neil Young is a huge loss. Can't believe it, bad luck I suppose. Not too fussed about the Courteeners, would probably have seen them, but oh well. Hoping the replacement is a big name anyway. Haven't heard anyone mention Kasabian yet, but they're free and would love to see them.

Whoever it is, gonna be a good few days anyway no doubt!

So potentials with a week to go-

Blur - Yes Please

Kings of Leon - No Thanks

System of a Down - no ta. Agreed

Depeche Mode - Yes Please

Kraftwerk - Yes Please

Fatboy Slim - Not bothered either way

Groove Armada - See above

Beyonce - Glasto was enough for one lifetime

Chic - YAY

Basement Jaxx - Not really for me

Prince - Hell yeah

Editors - OK I suppose

Deus - No idea

2ManyDJs - Soulwax cancelled, so not holding out much hope (they're the same peopel right?)

Arctic Monkeys - Yes please

Phoenix - might be OK

Deep Purple - why not

Green Day - might be OK for nostalgia

Offspring - as above

Right said Fred - Hmmm

So potentials with a week to go-

Blur - depends on Werchter exclusivity

Kings of Leon - would play 5 days in a row then

System of a Down - no ta. - playing Germany that day

Depeche Mode - Werchter excl?

Kraftwerk - yes please

Fatboy Slim - not sure if he's big enough around here

Groove Armada - same as Fatboy

Beyonce - great way to piss off current ticket holders

Chic - certainly not big enough

Basement Jaxx - possibly

Prince - doubt he'll want to be a fill in

Editors - most likely option

Deus - plan B if everything else fails

2ManyDJs - aren't they in the studio now? (Soulwax cancellation)

Arctic Monkeys - depends whether they want to come all the way from LA for 1 gig

Phoenix - possibly

Deep Purple - not big enough these days

Green Day - Werchter excl?

Offspring - very likely

Right said Fred - I'm Too Sexy should be 2013 festival anthem

You have to wonder if, at this late stage, the exclusivity is really that important. I always viewed it as a way of selling tickets v your major competitor(s). Werechter has passed now (I think), wonder if exclusivity clause would still stand post the event?

Regardless, I'm sure that agreement could be reached as it feels like the exclusivity arrangements could make or break the chance to get a viable alternative headliner in.

Basement Jaxx are in N. Ireland on 16th so rules them out. Pretty sure SOAD are playing gigs that night too.

Wondering whether there is also an ego factor to, erm, factor into the equation too. Some of the options are headliners who might take umbrage to being asked to effectively become a last minute 'stand in'. You'd hope the plight of the festival might appeal to their better nature but can't help thinking the likes of Damon and Caleb are too full of themselves to help out. "Us? As last minute replacements? We are too great for that, they should have asked us in the first place. What's that you say? They're offering a shed load of cash? Well, maybe we can help. We don't want those music fans missing out now do we?"