Pukkelpop 2013

Guest benrothwell

• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tbh bringing someone in I like would cause me problems as TEED in the Castello is one of my top 5 acts for the whole weekend. Pretty sure the only one I would sack him off for is Kraftwerk and don't think that's going to happen now. Completely agree though that it will be amazing whatever happens and I'm totally spoilt for choice nearly all day, every day. Roll on Wednesday!

Edited by HorseDonnell

I'm a bit "meh" on Green Day, but they're a big band with plenty of fans. Would prefer someone with more "clout", like Prince or something but it's getting late in the day and I'm betting there's panic on in the Pukkelpop offices!

One thing I don't know, how big are Green Day, really? I get the impression they are huge, but I think I must have missed it at some point.

Edited by TheNewUnion

It has been announced as a warm up show for Leeds/Reading, don't think they'll quickly add in a trip to Belgium 2 days later. Also, they're confirmed to cost over a million euros, really doubt they're going to replace NY with something more expensive if Netsky/Editors would do the trick just as fine for most of the audience.

Just read a news report that said all the extra tickets that went on sale this morning sold out in one minute. There were 650 combi's, 350 for Thursday and 150 for Saturday. Partly in answer to your question Trufflehound, there were 1,400 Friday tickets that went on sale but it didn't say how many of these were following the refund offer. I suppose if you look at how many there were for the other two days then you can safely say at least 1,000 people got a refund because of NY cancelling.

Saw a few pictures last night of what I think was the inside of the Boiler Room. Was hard to tell for certain if that was where they were taken but looked really good wherever it was. Loads of LED poles hanging from the ceiling, little bit similar to how they had it in 2010 but without the flags. Will know for certain in a couple of days anyway!

The realist replies by saying that the refunds had to be done this early cause they still needed time to sell those tickets before the festival started (those 1400 might as well not have sold cause of the lack of a headliner). And that they honestly didn't have an agreement yet when they tweeted Tuesday as announcement deadline. Since the announcement is most likely happening tomorrow after all, I think we can expect one of those earlier mentioned 'plan B' options.

I guess the, Plan A is the likes of Prince, Kraftwerk, Depeche Mode, possibly Green Day

Plan B is your Editors, Netsky, dEUS

I'd like to see Editors, but no where near a worthy replacement. You've got to be talking a headliner in their own right to be worths I suppose. Tomorrow will tell I hope, surely it can't wait until the day everyone starts travelling, can it?

We had a discussion about the situation last night and did think it might be funny/exciting/interesting if they just said they had a "very special guest" lined up, no leaks at all then at 9pm, lights go out and you get "Pukkelpop, please welcome to the main stage..........................."

I guess the, Plan A is the likes of Prince, Kraftwerk, Depeche Mode, possibly Green Day

Plan B is your Editors, Netsky, dEUS

I'd like to see Editors, but no where near a worthy replacement. You've got to be talking a headliner in their own right to be worths I suppose. Tomorrow will tell I hope, surely it can't wait until the day everyone starts travelling, can it?

We had a discussion about the situation last night and did think it might be funny/exciting/interesting if they just said they had a "very special guest" lined up, no leaks at all then at 9pm, lights go out and you get "Pukkelpop, please welcome to the main stage..........................."