Kings Of Leon

Guest adrianro

Okay.. what with KOL announcing a summer arena tour, as opposed to a summer stadium tour nestled either side of the Glasto dates.. do we think maybe they have been penciled in for small appearance at Glastonbury, appreciate they are not everyone's cup of T, "to commercial" I to wished they have never wrote Sex On Fire, but for me I do hope they pop up. Save me another ticket for the O2.. :-)

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen them 4 times including twice at Glastonbury. I really tried to enjoy myself when I saw them but everytime I came away thinking "meh". I love Youth and Young Manhood and quite like the next two albums but I'd rather listen to the CD in the car than watch them again. There's just no personality about them live IMO whereas I want a headliner to sweep me up for 90 minutes/2 hours and make me feel like nowhere else matters for that time.

I have liked them since youth and young manhood and seem them live countless times but i think they'd be a dull choice of headliner. I didn't mind sex on fire or use somebody (though they are cheesy) and liked that album but the follow up was awful and, as someone said on another thread, they started playing their old songs slower which sounded rubbish.

IF they come back with a really good album and set of gigs they could headline glastonbury again but they've done nothing in the last 3 years to suggest that's likely.

All you can say is those dates are placed exactly right for them to be doing it. Whether they are or its just a complete coincidence remains to be seen, but its something that you can easily imagine happening and going down reasonably well.

It'd be safe and i wouldnt watch it, but a lot of people would enjoy it. Seem like the kind of group that would take less money for the exposure. Expect those arena dates to be £65+ to make up for it.

I have a feeling its not going to be a classic year for headliners, doesnt seem as though many really interesting acts at the very top end will be available.

Edited by Memory Man

I have liked them since youth and young manhood and seem them live countless times but i think they'd be a dull choice of headliner. I didn't mind sex on fire or use somebody (though they are cheesy) and liked that album but the follow up was awful and, as someone said on another thread, they started playing their old songs slower which sounded rubbish.

IF they come back with a really good album and set of gigs they could headline glastonbury again but they've done nothing in the last 3 years to suggest that's likely.

Your comment is ridiculous. In my mind:

Saw them for the first time, there boring!

Oh wait KOL are on, yeah saw them before and they were boring but hey, could of been an off day!! Come away, yeah still meh (as u put it).

Wow KOL are on the bill!!! Great!! Come away thinking, oh crap I forgot I didn't like them the first 2 times.

4th time - really?? Shall I even bother

Seen them a few times, got more than enough songs that I like, especially from the first three albums. I think they're a very safe bet as headliner. I wouldn't mind watching them but I'd also hope there is somebody against them that I really want to see so I can catch them instead.