Word Association Game

Bossa Nova is a dance.  So here's The BOSS with a bit of dancing.

Springsteen concerts have been some of the most outstanding I've seen, sadly except for Glastonbury where, for some strange reason he didn't seem to 'get it.'

Anyway here he is on form at at Hard Rock Calling and bringing on his mum for a dance.

Edited by grumpyhack

Well done Whisty. Got mine too.  We'll be in CV East and will be trying for East 22 or 23.  We'll be a gang of five. Drewstrat from this forum and me in the caravan and three others in either the caravan awning or in a small tent pitched in the plot.

Looking forward to a face to a name and that curry in June.

Well done Whisty. Got mine too.  We'll be in CV East and will be trying for East 22 or 23.  We'll be a gang of five. Drewstrat from this forum and me in the caravan and three others in either the caravan awning or in a small tent pitched in the plot.

Looking forward to a face to a name and that curry in June.

I'll be there or there abouts, plate in hand :)

Now we've got the CV tickets sorted I thought we'd better get the thread moving on - even though I'm playing with myself.

So from BOSS to STICK

Ageing rockers Quo in their early days.  Hard to think that this spawned a career of now nearly 50 years.

Edited by grumpyhack

Back in 1967 as a teenager I used to bunk off school and go to a coffee shop called the Apple and Charlotte in Bristol where they had a back room with a jukebox.  I remember putting on Stone Free by Hendrix and being absolutely blown away.  How could someone produce those sounds from a guitar?

Music was never the same after Stone FREE.

And his old flat in London is to be opened to the public.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-34647637 

Edited by grumpyhack

FALLIN :)

Well done all you lot on here on successfully securing campervan tickets; I never bothered as I don't have a caravan or campervan haha.

i do however have a guilty confession......, Mrs oneeye and myself have booked self camping in The Love Fields. I know I know, wtf, but to be able to park near our tent and have a fair amount of space, and be on the East side of the site, it was one of those 'fuck it, we only live once' moments. Mind you, if it turns out to be shite then lesson learnt. 

ROLLIN' and TUMBLIN' (take your pick)

The LoveFields sound very romantic OneEye. On the face of it a good option. Hope all goes well.  My caravan thinking was that spread across, say, four festivals a year plus occasional weekends a reasonable second hand caravan isn't that expensive.

ROLLIN' and TUMBLIN' (take your pick)

The LoveFields sound very romantic OneEye. On the face of it a good option. Hope all goes well.  My caravan thinking was that spread across, say, four festivals a year plus occasional weekends a reasonable second hand caravan isn't that expensive.

it does sound romantic, though just good marketing / play on words me thinks. I only do the one festival a year, all be it the ONE, but if I had the time to do more then caravaning would be the way ahead. One day........... :)

Edited by oneeye

You old smoothie Oneye :)

Rollin & Tumblin in Oneyes case could mean Hanky Panky in the Lovin fields.

Hanky or Panky 

You can see/hear what impact Mr Hendrix had on guitar about 2 mins in, the 5,6,7,8s way :)

And who can forget them in Kill Bill

Edited by whisty

ALL

The late sixties were one of the most colourful of periods yet, sadly, a lot of the video footage is still in B&W.

Looking back, possibly because they were considered very pop at the time, in the overall scheme of things for me the Small Faces were a greatly under-rated British band who led to a lot more.

Edited by grumpyhack

FAR

Slade were a great band live and wrote some songs that are up with The Beatles.  And in Chas Chandler they shared a manager with Jimi Hendrix.

I appreciate they didn't write this one but it used to be a great opener to their live shows.

Edited by grumpyhack