Word Association Game

Edit, arghh, beaten by Oneye, so Single or Never, who cares :)

Has to be Arthur Lee, no contest.

Steve Mason has a track Never be Alone. Here he as the Crows NEst, never been, have to get there one time.

Edited by whisty

Lots of people light a Candle on a Sunday. Just watched an excellent program on Discovery, Racing Extinction. It finishes with this sequence, brought a tear after watching the program. Best to watch watch the prog, then maybe watch this. The message "Start with one thing"

LIGHT One Candle.

Peter, Paul and Mary who, in their day, did a huge amount to raise issues and provoke thought. Sadly Mary died in 2009.

This song (sorry no performance vid) by Peter Yarrow is a beautiful song about love and missed opportunities.

Edited by grumpyhack

Light UP

Ironic to post this when Kevin Coyne is on the radio, but hey ho, no link to Kevin tonight.

BTW, who out of Peter and Paul was involved in Newport Folk Festival? I remember seeing some film of it but can't remember who it was...

Edited by carlosj

UP Where We BELONG

Don't know about Newport but they took part in and performed "Blowing in the Wind" and "If I had a Hammer" at the 1963 March on Washington when Martin Luther King gave his "I have a dream" speech.

Edited by grumpyhack

WIFE. MrsCJ likes Kate and often plays this. We've had a bit of a tough time time with her health and stuff recently but it's looking better now, so this one's for her. Nice bit of banter at the start, making up for the image resolution in these days of HD.

https://youtu.be/_LNBHU0j4MY

1 hour ago, carlosj said:

WIFE. MrsCJ likes Kate and often plays this. We've had a bit of a tough time time with her health and stuff recently but it's looking better now, so this one's for her. Nice bit of banter at the start, making up for the image resolution in these days of HD.

Let's see if this link paste is better -

Try this Carlos

If you just take the YouTube link, paste it into your post and then hit Enter (CR/LF) and wait till the clip appears before you hit Submit Reply it should work.

Glad Mrs CJ is on the mend.

Edited by grumpyhack
  • Upvote 1

Boxing.

I had the ear worm of 'Who killed Henry Moore', erm, and then found, it was Henry Cooper who boxed, and not the sculptor, and even then, it was Davy Moore in the song. After that waffle, thanks Mr hack, the video does post now.

POOR

Boxing has been a way out of poverty for some.

Glad you've cracked embedding CarlosJ.

Seeing Paul Simon was one of my great Glasto disappointments - not helped by the rain and cold.  My memory is that we abandoned his set and returned to our trailer tent for a mug of cocoa.  But with Art Garfunkel he was magnificent.

We've got young and old so in between might be MIDDLE.

Gerry Rafferty, here part of Stealer's Wheel, was also at one stage part of the Humblebums, a folky group with Billy Connelly.

But he also wrote Baker Street, which has a glorious sax solo.

Loved that Buddy Rich up there and never listen to Dylan but saw the boxing vid so gave a listen, cracker thanks :)

Earth

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2BDFCY9DT0

Funny, had it working and now..................  whats CR/LF Mr Grump?

Edited by whisty

AIR

Couldn't resist, this is my go to album at the moment. Great tunes and technique.

CR is carriage return (return button on the keyboard), press enter, then let the video appear, man. Sounds very 60s.

Whisty, try Desire, from Bob, great album. Did I read you have a trailer tent? You in the East fields then?

Edited by carlosj

Solid Air is a great album CarlosJ.

So from Solid to CURVED

In their day Curved Air were a great band and I used to have the hots for Sonjia Kristina.  They're still working though Sonjia has added a few pounds over the years (but haven't we all)

This used to be their barnstormer

I look forward to a meet up in CV East.  I'll be there with my caravan and aiming for East 23.

And Whisty, if you want to try another bit of Dylan, have a listen to Highway 61 Revisted. Desolation Row takes a lot of beating

Edited by grumpyhack

10 hours ago, carlosj said:

Couldn't resist, this is my go to album at the moment. Great tunes and technique.

don't stop at just that one. Get all of his albums, and I really do mean all (including the two with Beverley).

The quality does of course vary (and I'd find it hard to put any above Solid Air), but they're all worth your time.

2 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

don't stop at just that one. Get all of his albums, and I really do mean all (including the two with Beverley).

The quality does of course vary (and I'd find it hard to put any above Solid Air), but they're all worth your time.

Cheers, I've got a few more of his, and have just got his Island Years recordings which I'm working through

12 hours ago, carlosj said:

AIR

CR is carriage return (return button on the keyboard), press enter, then let the video appear, man. Sounds very 60s.

Whisty, try Desire, from Bob, great album. Did I read you have a trailer tent? You in the East fields then?

Yes, finally got a Trailer Tent and East is the destination, see you in a field. Grumpy promised a curry so had to get one. If he doesn't have enough you can share my bowl:)  Have access to all Dylan album but his whiny vocal chords aggravate me so find hard to listen, did like the lyrics in that Boxing one tho.

After

JJ Cale vocal chords on the other hand never irritate. The addition of EC might do in this vid but it's the best quality version I could find :)

After to following.  Forrest Gump had a following, and this is on the soundtrack, bit of a personal mantra for me (Everybody's talkin' at me, I can't a hear a word they're sayin', I'm going where the weather suits my clothes...)

Whisty, yeah, I know what you mean about his Bobness' vocal chords.  Ok, how about the Highway 61 Revisited Revisited cover  album then? http://www.last.fm/music/Various+Artists/Uncut+2005.09:+Highway+61+Revisited+Revisited

Curry in a field in Somerset is a great thing. We will probably have keema curry and 'Captain's curry' judging by the last 2 visits, washed down with mojitos, on the Wednesday about 5pm, but I still aim to make the meet and see some more of you eFesters.