WWE

lharris92

Nope. Good show though, and they managed to shut the crowd up for the most part. Worst hijacking of a show ever. At least the Rumble crowd gave it a good attempt.

The Shield vs. The Wyatts was magnificent again. Good ending with Daniel Bryan looking really strong against three big nasty bastards until finally being kept down. Solid opening segment, and Heyman has improved so much since coming back this time.

It was a good show all said.

Just watched Beyond The Mat for the first time... damn Foley. I wonder how much seeing his families reactions calmed him down in the years following.

And you wonder just how Jake's family has dealt with his demons for the past 15 years even since then.

Anyway, I'm off to my dumbells and trampoline...

Just watched Beyond The Mat for the first time... damn Foley. I wonder how much seeing his families reactions calmed him down in the years following.

And you wonder just how Jake's family has dealt with his demons for the past 15 years even since then.

Did you watch it on Netflix or?

But are you booked?

• Upvote 1

Nope. Good show though, and they managed to shut the crowd up for the most part. Worst hijacking of a show ever. At least the Rumble crowd gave it a good attempt.

The Shield vs. The Wyatts was magnificent again. Good ending with Daniel Bryan looking really strong against three big nasty bastards until finally being kept down. Solid opening segment, and Heyman has improved so much since coming back this time.

It was a good show all said.

to be honest the wwe got wind of the "hijack raw" stuff on twitter very quickly, and the way they set up the show was brilliant to counter any potential disruption. putting top quality matches in, and by making sure that anyone (batista) who would get a bad reaction against someone who the crowd would get behind (bryan).

wonder how they deal with the shield breakup, and how they deal with the cesaro/swagger tension.

anyway if you watched raw, when lesnar is chucking the monitors from the table did anyone else notice the "ooh" from the crowd, because basically one of the monitors hit a woman in her face. madness.

But are you booked?

I'm not booked :(

It was a bit odd actually, being aware of the memes for years but never having watched the film. A few years ago i was in the states and ESPN were showing some old AWA (I think, maybe USWA) featuring the Rockers against... Dennis Stamp. I think I marked harder for that than I had for seeing Undertaker live in the flesh a few hours earlier :P

I acquired a copy years ago, only just got round to watching it (I just moved house & have no internet other than my phone, so my library is getting a good going through) Might watch Wrestling With Shadows next, I haven't seen that since it was on BBC2 years back, and I wasn't a watcher of WWF then. Fun fun!

Edited by Gre

anyway if you watched raw, when lesnar is chucking the monitors from the table did anyone else notice the "ooh" from the crowd, because basically one of the monitors hit a woman in her face. madness.

Yeah bounced off the ropes and smashed her in the face apparently. Fantastic PR for Lesnar.

To be fair, if it's bounced off the ropes and done so, you can't really account for an accident like that. 99 times out of 100 it would probably go nowhere.

A podcast up here did an interview with Dennis Stamp a couple of years back and it was mesmerising. A truer gent there is not.

Anyone who watches Wrestle Talk TV, Joel Ross has been sacked today for comments earlier in the week on social media.

IMO it was time for a change anyway.

The whole show has such a amateur feel to it, even now, 4 seasons in.

They really should do better.

Also they've said 3 episodes which have already been recorded will still air, with something so low budget as this show is, how the hell can they feel the need to record something so far in advance, the wrestling business changes so quickly, they need to record it as close to airing it as possible.

Its only a talk show with a crap set.

I've already seen that. Didn't enjoy it as much.

Not even my favourite NJPW entrance in recent memory.

COME ON! He's got a Dinosaur and a big sword!!! What more do you want!!!

Its not NJPW either dude its IWGP.

And yeah thats Okada who was a jobber in TNA a few years back and is now the world champion in Japan, nuts ain't it the wrestling business!

The titles are called the IWGP titles. The promotion is NJPW. Like NOAH and their GHC titles. I know my shit when it comes to Puro. ;)

NJPW is the tits just now. Okada gets a lot of the praise now, but up and down the card there's some unreal stuff. Nakamura, Tanahashi ( also previously a TNA job out guy ), Ibushi, Devitt ( who is the guy that has my favourite recent NJ entrance ), Naito, Kojima, and now they're adding NOAH guys again in April.

I'd urge anyone who hasn't watched NJPW to start getting into them.

Oh yeah Devitt has that group together doesn't he? With the dude who used to be with Punk in WWE then was in Aces and Eights in TNA forgot his name.

Devitt is doing some UK stuff very soon, won't be long until he's in the US promotions, think he's just riding his contract out.

Yeah, it's The Bullet Club. The Young Bucks ( Generation Me, and best team NOT with the name Rhodes in them ) are in there as well as a guy named Karl Anderson, who's just cool. The guy's name was Luke Gallows. Doc Gallows now. Him and Anderson are the tag champs. I'm not that big a fan of Gallows myself. They signed that guy Archer as well. Yet they haven't picked up Chris Masters yet. Madness.

Devitt, like many guys in the big Japan promotions, won't consider going to the U.S. until they're looking for a new challenge. Devitt has been offered a slot with WWE but it's looking like he's gonna stay where he is. KENTA was offered a try out too and knocked it back. Danielson knocked back loads of chances before finally taking his, although the door was always open to him so I guess that's a different scenario.

I have been meaning to check out NJPW for a while now. Keep reading about how good it is. I have a couple of events downloaded to watch but I keep forgetting, will need to get it checked out. It was the PPV that aired in January this year and G1 Climax finals or something like that. Also keep hearing good things about that Okada and the trilogy of MOTY candidates he had with another wrestler Tanahashi (Had to use google there as I'm awful at remembering japanese names).

Lockdown tonight.

Cus the clocks have changed in the US it starts at midnight our time :)

Should be a good un, Im really looking forwarding to it!

Lethal Lockdown
Team MVP (MVP, Jeff Hardy and The Wolves) vs. Team Dixie (Bobby Roode, Austin Aries, BroMans)

Steel Cage Match for the World Heavyweight Title
Samoa Joe vs. Magnus

Steel Cage Match for the TNA Knockouts Title
Gail Kim vs. Madison Rayne

Steel Cage Last Man Standing Match
Gunner vs. James Storm

Steel Cage Match
Ethan Carter III vs. TBA [replacing Kurt Angle]

Steel Cage Match
Mr. Anderson vs. Samuel Shaw

Steel Cage Match
Manik vs. Tigre Uno