WWE

lharris92

On 5/31/2016 at 11:32 AM, When Jokers Attack said:

This match that went viral and has been the talk of the internet since last friday, has been made available to watch for free until next week. One of the best matches I've seen this year. 

Thanks for sharing that, heard lots about it but had yet to watch it, some great moves, really enjoyed it, shame the Japanese crowd took so long to get into it, whats with them all wearing masks too? 

13 minutes ago, luckysalt said:

Thanks for sharing that, heard lots about it but had yet to watch it, some great moves, really enjoyed it, shame the Japanese crowd took so long to get into it, whats with them all wearing masks too? 

It was actually one of the more hotter crowds I have heard. Japanese crowds are known to be  quiet, well compared to fans from other countries. Never a lot of chants, It's the first time there has ever been a "holy shit" and "this is awesome" chant there. They normally just applaud when they like something, sometimes they chant the wrestlers name but even that doesn't happen that much unless it's a big star or main event.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

6 hours ago, When Jokers Attack said:

It was actually one of the more hotter crowds I have heard. Japanese crowds are known to be  quiet, well compared to fans from other countries. 

Considering how annoying the American crowd have got these days, with annoying chanting and constant attempts to try and get themselves all over, maybe the Japanese fans have the right idea.

9 hours ago, When Jokers Attack said:

It was actually one of the more hotter crowds I have heard. Japanese crowds are known to be  quiet, well compared to fans from other countries. Never a lot of chants, It's the first time there has ever been a "holy shit" and "this is awesome" chant there. They normally just applaud when they like something, sometimes they chant the wrestlers name but even that doesn't happen that much unless it's a big star or main event.

Yeah I agree with you, I was thinking more if it was on a UK indie show like Progress.

Im looking forward to the brand split. I only really got into wwe properly about 4 years ago so never really got to see how it all played out before - even though i was aware of it. Will be nice to see something majorly different to the format for first time since avidly watching.

23 minutes ago, mjsell said:

Im looking forward to the brand split. I only really got into wwe properly about 4 years ago so never really got to see how it all played out before - even though i was aware of it. Will be nice to see something majorly different to the format for first time since avidly watching.

Smackdown mid 2002- Spring 2004 was incredible. 

Raw in the same period? Less so. 

On 5/31/2016 at 11:32 AM, When Jokers Attack said:

This match that went viral and has been the talk of the internet since last friday, has been made available to watch for free until next week. One of the best matches I've seen this year. 

I didn't particularly enjoy it, but have to admit it's just not my thing. I found the start over choreographed and it looked more like gymnastics with a few punches and kicks added.

I thought Ospreays selling was ott in some ways, but he often forgot he had been hurt a few second later. There was pretty much no psychology. I wasn't sure who I should like and hate.

If course I can admire the skill it takes to do some of the flips in the same way I admire Olympic trampolinists. I qualify this opinion with an admission that my tastes are very much stuck in the past.

I think it's a massive risk. Strange how WWE are promoting it, but looks brilliant for them if Brock wins.

2 hours ago, JustJoe1990 said:

Lana has been on the road with NXT (house shows) lately. Looks like she is trying to step up her game in the ring.

That's cool. wonder if she's on the UK tour. I'm going to the show in Liverpool but don't actually know a lot of the NXT roster now as I haven't watched it for months. Looking forward to Nakamura, Bayley, Joe and Finn though.

Anyone off to Download going to see it?

2 hours ago, JustJoe1990 said:

Lana has been on the road with NXT (house shows) lately. Looks like she is trying to step up her game in the ring.

To me one of the things that makes Lana stand out is the fact she doesn't wrestle. I don't see the need for everyone to be the same. Even if she turns into a passable wrestler, I think it does her character more harm than good.

Chris Jericho has an ability to genuinely make me laugh like nobody else. This opening segment of RAW this week had me in bits. "StupidIdiotVille", "I'm from Winnipeg, you idiot!" and of course the original, "YOU STUPID IDIOT!" 

I never thought two words could be so hilarious. I love this Jericho. 

Edited by Andre91

1 hour ago, When Jokers Attack said:

Ospreay won the best of super juniors tournament in Japan. He has only been in the company 2 months. It was an incredible match.

Was this the Ricochet one? (I'm not too educated on the Japanese things).

He's a great talent, for sure. 

3 hours ago, When Jokers Attack said:

Ospreay won the best of super juniors tournament in Japan. He has only been in the company 2 months. It was an incredible match.

Interestingly how it seems to have split opinion between those who love it and those who don't. Out of interest what was it that made it incredible in your view?

To me it was acrobatics with a pinfall in the end. I felt both were only interested in the pop and the result didn't matter. I agree with stone colds view that you would hire both guys as there's definitely a way of harnessing that athletic ability.

Whatever you think of the match, they have generated discussion and are both better known now than they were before, therefore job done.

9 minutes ago, metallimuse said:

I think the reason we love it is because it was a great technical match where as you seem to enjoy more the storyline soap opera aspect pink.

Both are perfectly valid.

I agree, I'm all for more variety in wrestling. Some bits you like and some you don't, my main concern with how the business is moving is things becoming too samey, rather than the other way around. If a match can generate discussion then the match has done it's job. I think both could do a job in wwe with some guidance from some veterans, although Ospreay would need to cut out the bad language!

Regarding my own tastes while the attitude era was my peak time. It was early 90s wcw that got me hooked and mainly the mid card of Austin, rude, steamboat, Rhodes, Pillman, Steiners  and that was very much work based rather than soap opera based, but they didn't need to do a hundred spots in a match to have a good match. Maybe they would be considered boring today, but to me it was very believable and the results mattered.

When I watch the Ospreay v Riccochet match, I don't see it as a technical match. I see it more as fast paced spotfest like the luchadores did in 96 wcw. To me selling and psychology are vital parts of what makes a technical wrestler, but then again maybe what people referred to as a technician in 1996 is different to 2016.