WWE

lharris92

What is wrong with Owens vs. Zayn one on one? What is the need for this ladder match? I know it is Mania and they like to get people on the card, but Zack Ryder (especially Zack Ryder), Sin Cara and Stardust getting a shot at a title after doing nothing for so long is a joke. There's no build to it whatsoever. 

8 hours ago, luckysalt said:

It really is the worst Mania card I can remember.

When it comes to the main roster I only watch the ppvs now.  I had to google the card and agree its very underwhelming.  There isn't a single great babyface v heel match on the card. If it wasn't for the fact the network had so much quality stuff from the past and NXT, I probably would cancel it.

2 hours ago, Andre91 said:

What is wrong with Owens vs. Zayn one on one? What is the need for this ladder match? I know it is Mania and they like to get people on the card, but Zack Ryder (especially Zack Ryder), Sin Cara and Stardust getting a shot at a title after doing nothing for so long is a joke. There's no build to it whatsoever. 

These multi people matches can be entertaining fluff, but its the great feuds that really draw me in. that's very hard to do with a match involving more than 2 (3 at the most) people.  In the main I think that the place to get people on the card is the battle royal.  However I think Cody is deserving of a better place on the card, so hope this is a springboard to a push.  Will be interesting to see what they do with the Wyatts, maybe Bray or Strowman is winning the battle royal.

44 minutes ago, DomDom1984 said:

Owens vs Zayn would have been a nothing match so this allows interaction without blowing too much. There's a much longer rivalry between them coming so this match makes sense. 

Despite what I said above, your probably right. I'm going through the ppvs in chronological order (currently 2003) and its amazing the amount of times where they have matches with 2 top stars, which I had completely forgotten because they meant little, and got lost in the shuffle.

4 hours ago, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

. I think this Mania will deliver in the ring though.

A lot of people have talked about the build being poor and the matches looking underwhelming on paper, but will deliver on the day.  I however think a major part of what makes a great match is the build.  Going into the event I couldn't care less who wins most of the matches which will really impact on how I will enjoy the card.

The build was awful last year too and it was a very good show.

Comparing last year's with this year, I'd say this year's 'main event' matches are better. I'd rather see Taker vs Shane than Taker vs Bray and Ambrose vs Lesnar than Cena vs Rusev (although that was a hot feud at the time.)

Title match is much of a muchness with Reigns in it, although I think he is being booked much better in the lead up to this year. Plus, it was really only the Rollins run-in that made the title match memorable last year.

Charlotte/Becky/Sasha match is arguably the match with the best build up of the whole event, whereas last year was a throwaway tag match.

Tag match is weak but New Day are still arguably the most over guys on the main roster so should be able to carry it.

The weakest match is Kalisto vs Ryback by far (unless we get the huge divas tag match which seems inevitable.) I don't get that at all and agree that it would definitely have been the better option for a ladder match, especially after Kalisto's exploits in the TLC.

Styles/Jericho III has a chance of being a classic.

And another ladder match.

I'm looking forward to it. Although not as much as NXT Dallas admittedly.

4 minutes ago, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

The huge divas match has been announced, originally as a 4 on 4 but now looking like a 5 on 5. Naomi, Tamina, Emma, Summer and Lana vs Paige, Nattie, Brie, Alicia and one other.

Rumours are it's either Eva, or it'll be Nikki and her and Lana will just be managers.

Ah, didn't realise that had been announced. I expect Brie will get the pin and a 'Wrestlemania' moment. Seems as though she is retiring on Raw the night after.

Surprised that Emma's been called up for this. A Bayley - Emma feud in NXT would've been so good for her development as a heel. Could be a one off appearance of course.

Swagger is a great shout and you could hardly blame him. Hard to believe he was once World Champion, he could have some great matches in TNA, I see they've announced a bunch of signings this week, they've lost so many names they must have the budget for a few pick ups of names from WWE.

44 minutes ago, Andeeroo said:

Tag match is weak but New Day are still arguably the most over guys on the main roster so should be able to carry it.

The weakest match is Kalisto vs Ryback by far (unless we get the huge divas tag match which seems inevitable.) I don't get that at all and agree that it would definitely have been the better option for a ladder match, especially after Kalisto's exploits in the TLC.

Styles/Jericho III has a chance of being a classic.

And another ladder match.

I'm looking forward to it. Although not as much as NXT Dallas admittedly.

If New Day are the most over then its a sad state about the current wwe. While they may do "entertaining things" they haven't had a memorable feud, when babyfaces they haven't been able to get heel opponents over and while heels haven't been able to get babyface opponents over.  I don't think they put bums in seats, nor do they draw people to buy ppvs/the network.

I think Kalisto V Ryback may surprise as the former will just let the latter throw him around and offer some contrast to other matches on the card.  I'm personally not a huge fan of ladder matches as I think theres very little left to be done and I'm not a big fan of multi man matches.

Styles and Jericho can obviously have a good match, but I don't think its a feud that people have really bought into. Many were happy to have 1 match, but is there real hunger for a 3rd? Its position on the card means it will be lost in the shuffle like Benoit V Angle in WrestleMania X7.

I hope the womans tag match is on the pre show as throwing in a load of not over wrestler on to the main card is a waste of time for me.  To prove I'm not completely negative, I'm also looking forward to NXT Dallas!

1 minute ago, pink_triangle said:

If New Day are the most over then its a sad state about the current wwe. While they may do "entertaining things" they haven't had a memorable feud, when babyfaces they haven't been able to get heel opponents over and while heels haven't been able to get babyface opponents over.  I don't think they put bums in seats, nor do they draw people to buy ppvs/the network.

I think Kalisto V Ryback may surprise as the former will just let the latter throw him around and offer some contrast to other matches on the card.  I'm personally not a huge fan of ladder matches as I think theres very little left to be done and I'm not a big fan of multi man matches.

Styles and Jericho can obviously have a good match, but I don't think its a feud that people have really bought into. Many were happy to have 1 match, but is there real hunger for a 3rd? Its position on the card means it will be lost in the shuffle like Benoit V Angle in WrestleMania X7.

I hope the womans tag match is on the pre show as throwing in a load of not over wrestler on to the main card is a waste of time for me.  To prove I'm not completely negative, I'm also looking forward to NXT Dallas!

I think New Day are very good both in and out of the ring. They've only really been heels in the current schtick. They weren't doing the entertaining stuff until they turned heel. I'm interested to see how they do as faces. The booking has to change though. The tag team booking has been horrendous for too long and New Day have managed to get over in spite of that.

Oh yeah, Kalisto/Ryback has the potential to be a decent match. I just don't think either of them has any momentum to be taking a spot at the biggest event of the year. Just seems odd. With the ADR and Kalisto runs, it seems they've taken away all the good work that Cena did in making the US title seem legitimate. Hell, it wasn't even focused on on Raw on Monday.

I think people have bought into Styles/Jericho and think it has been a great first feud for Styles.

Looks like we have our two pre-show matches in Dudleys/Usos and the Battle Royal so it looks as though it will be on the main card. I agree though, can't see it being a classic.

45 minutes ago, Andeeroo said:

Oh yeah, Kalisto/Ryback has the potential to be a decent match. I just don't think either of them has any momentum to be taking a spot at the biggest event of the year. Just seems odd. With the ADR and Kalisto runs, it seems they've taken away all the good work that Cena did in making the US title seem legitimate. Hell, it wasn't even focused on on Raw on Monday.

I think that match may be as much to do with the future as the present.  You only have to look at the top 3 matches at Mania to see the problem they have at present in creating heels. If they (as rumoured) split the roster the lack of heels gets even further diluted.  While I'm not fully sold on Ryback, he is probably in as good a position as anyone else as getting over as a heel.  Therefore maybe a wrestlemania match is justified. 

Alternatively they probably just see him as someone to get Kalisto over as a giantkiller and see him as the obvious opponent. I think they see Kalisto as being the next Mysterio, but I think he is completely lacking the charisma of Rey.

14 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

I think that match may be as much to do with the future as the present.  You only have to look at the top 3 matches at Mania to see the problem they have at present in creating heels. If they (as rumoured) split the roster the lack of heels gets even further diluted.  While I'm not fully sold on Ryback, he is probably in as good a position as anyone else as getting over as a heel.  Therefore maybe a wrestlemania match is justified. 

Alternatively they probably just see him as someone to get Kalisto over as a giantkiller and see him as the obvious opponent. I think they see Kalisto as being the next Mysterio, but I think he is completely lacking the charisma of Rey.

Yeah, tbh, despite what I said earlier, I think they do both deserve some kind of spot on the card. I just find the pairing bizarre and out of nowhere.

In other news, it now seems the Tag Titles won't be on the line at WM. Bad move imo. 

On 21/03/2016 at 0:34 PM, luckysalt said:

It really is the worst Mania card I can remember.

The same was said for last yr's WM and it turned out to be one of the best Mania's of the past 10 yrs.

I think this year mania will deliver as well, however not on the same level of last year.