The Non-Headlining Acts 2013

Guest GlastoSimon

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the darkness have just announced a gig at a local nightclub in june... checked the dates and theyve only announced 2 dates both in non major cities (scarborough and coventry)... possibly a warm up for a glastonbury appearance? 3rd down on the other stage?

unlikely, i'd have thought. i could be completely wrong here, but in the back of my memory i seem to recall the Darkness acting like dicks with Eavis (or the festival) in some way. maybe something about wanting to be higher up the bill than they were offering or something. maybe i'mimagining it. what i am sure about is that the Darkness were a proper set of dicks though.

unlikely, i'd have thought. i could be completely wrong here, but in the back of my memory i seem to recall the Darkness acting like dicks with Eavis (or the festival) in some way. maybe something about wanting to be higher up the bill than they were offering or something. maybe i'mimagining it. what i am sure about is that the Darkness were a proper set of dicks though.

'In all honesty, Glastonbury is not my favourite (British) festival, but I wouldn't say no if the money was right.'

Sums it up I guess. Absolutely ridiculous requesting £1million!

Bear in mind, today that would be £1.25 million, so higher than what Glastonbury have allegedly offered the Stones, and many on here (me partially included) were branding that as ridiculous. Imagine getting The Darkness instead!

To be fair, I think even Justin Hawkins would admit that Justin Hawkins well a bellend when The Darkness hit it big. I think nearly 10 years on he's been humbled somewhat, and I doubt their feud with Glastonbury is still relevant. PLus they're an entertaining band, I wouldn't say no to seeing them again.

Now i know how guypjfreak feels when people start talking about Pearl Jam. Don't badmouth my band man :( The did shoot to fame rather quick which caused Justin to become somewhat of a dick, in saying that what artist hasn't when they shot quickly to fame. It's just what happens really but Justin soon realised he wasn't everything after One Way Ticket to Hell and back. Plus he was on mass amounts of drugs at that time, can't remember the exact amount that he admitted to using but its around the internet somewhere. I've said before that they are a really great band and would love them to play but if they didn't i wouldn't really mind plus they are fully aware of where they stand in terms of slots as they headlined T in the Park in 2004 and then in last year they opened the mainstage on the Friday big jump to be fair. Mid other would sound about right in my mind too unless they took a lower slot on the Pyramid.