Football 2012-2013

Guest kaosmark2

Not bitter at all.

Scotland have been terrible for years and didn't deserve to win tonight but Bale's dive was blatant. As far as I saw there was absolutely no contact ( except between bale's own feet) and he claimed for the penalty. Ramsey should also have had second booking for simulation.

Also need to laugh at fletcher's disallowed goal - adam was probably offside when the ball was played to him but how can the linesman think the cross went out of play.

Edited by kk1977

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• eFestivals

• pink_triangle

• thetime

• strummer77

Not much sympathy from Welsh fans regarding bale cheating. One of the highest profile moments in Welsh football history was in 1976 when scotland happily took a penalty after Joe Jordan handballed in the box, costing us a place in the world cup. Maybe 26 years ago its a bit of karma but in hindsight Welsh fans would have preferred both episodes of cheating to be punished than neither.

Now tgats a statement, cant remember bale biting someones ear if and being a racist.

we're talking diving, not ear biting.

Suarez goes down at the smallest touch which he's often contrived and makes a meal of it. It's cheating against the spirit of the game, but as Ralph says "If he's touched he's allowed to go down" - and so it's not cheating against the rules.

Bale goes down only because he wants to. No one has touched him. No one was close to touching him. It's cheating against the spirit of the game and the rules of a game.

To me the only answer is retrospective punishment. However it shouldn't just focus on diving but also on elbows and dangerous tackles. I think Italy have retrospective punishment but unsure how often it is used.

The trouble is even with retrospective punishment it wouldnt be as clear cut as people think. Not every player who goes down without significant contact are diving, players can fall down off balance at the speed they run and while it may be easy to say its not a penalty, its a lot more difficult to prove intent to cheat. I imagine that bale v Scotland wouldn't be punished but it would be more those where players go to ground when falling from an almost stationary position.

I'm not sure how often it is used in Italy and in.what circumstances. If i was in charge it would be used for anything that should have resulted in a straight red card. Diving is difficult as its a yellow card offence and considered by the rules no worse than taking your shirt off, however i would make diving a 2 match ban whether caught at the time or retrospectively.

I'm not sure how often it is used in Italy and in.what circumstances. If i was in charge it would be used for anything that should have resulted in a straight red card. Diving is difficult as its a yellow card offence and considered by the rules no worse than taking your shirt off, however i would make diving a 2 match ban whether caught at the time or retrospectively.