Euro 2012

Guest Paul ™

• Replies 658
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Czech-Poland game is disappointingly scrappy so far. Poland look a bit panicked, too desperate to get a goal and not just relaxing and playing their game, but certainly better than Czechs so far.

Anyone watching Greece-Russia? How's that game going?

Edit: Since posting, Czechs have got a lot better, played some half-decent football, but they're not trying to stretch themselves to win it.

Edit 2: Poor goal from Russia's point of view. Really bad defending. Should open the Czechs up, and hopefully mean we get an exciting 2nd half. Russia will be under more pressure to attack, and hopefully show their best, but I imagine Greece will get more defensive.

Edited by kaosmark2

The trouble with this tournament having 2 relatively weak hosts is that the groups have been a little skewed and we ended up with a group with Greece and Czech republic going through. Germany are going to be the happiest team in the tournament and shold be able to get to the semis without expending too much physical or mental energy. Assuming Germany go through, I think who joins them is fascinating as they will be favourties for a semi final place. Nobody is talking about portugal but they are in a good postion, personally I hope holland turn it around and find some form. The results today also should be a warning for England not to let complatency sink in or they could head te same way as russia.

I really hope it's not Portugal. For a team with their attacking quality they've been disgustingly defensive whenever against a vaguely half-good team, like they were in the WC.

Still trying to work out which game to watch. Probably Germany-Denmark based on that Portugal will probably trust the Germans and go for a draw.

I really hope it's not Portugal. For a team with their attacking quality they've been disgustingly defensive whenever against a vaguely half-good team, like they were in the WC.

Still trying to work out which game to watch. Probably Germany-Denmark based on that Portugal will probably trust the Germans and go for a draw.

I think it may suit holland knowing exactly what they need to do and I hope they win. My intital thought was that Germany would fancy denmark going through but is it really to their advantage sticking czechs v denmark to the other side of the draw and giving their potential final opposition an easy semi. Im surprised to hear Germany will play their first team today, I think if you have the backup that they do it makes sense to use them in a game like this.

Portugal defintely not disgustingly defensive today, completely outclassed the dutch . As I said previously nobdy is taking about portugal but I think they are definte contenders. They have by far the best player in the tournament (probably one of the best european players of all time) and if he carries on like he has today and they get a bit of luck then who knows.

I was defintely wrong that Germany should play a second string side, it could have put them out.

Ronaldo yesterday showed that he is still one of the best footballers in the world.

Today fixtures are intresting, I expect Ireland to go all out against Italy maybe they get at least a point from thisn Tournatment. While Italy will try to win at all costs.

The other encounter is tricky, they know that a draw (especially 2-2) will be enough for both teams to qualify, however I still expect Spain to go for the win tonight.

My predications to qualify

Spain

Crotia

Ronaldo yesterday showed that he is still one of the best footballers in the world.

Today fixtures are intresting, I expect Ireland to go all out against Italy maybe they get at least a point from thisn Tournatment. While Italy will try to win at all costs.

The other encounter is tricky, they know that a draw (especially 2-2) will be enough for both teams to qualify, however I still expect Spain to go for the win tonight.

My predications to qualify

Spain

Crotia

Good first half, I'd have the ox and walcott on to provide the crosses for Carroll, Milner looks too slow to get to the byline though I supsect he's on partly to protect Glen Johnston.

Walcott isn't a high-ball crosser, he crosses to feet. I suspect that's why Milner got the nod before him, and nowt to do with the terrific-on-Friday Johnson.

I've been laughing all weekend that the three most-criticised players in the squad (except perhaps Downing) are the three players who put in the winning performances for England on Friday.

As someone mentioned ont he radio yesterday he has been unlucky that he has spent the last few years constantly being compared to one of the greatest players of all time. I would say apart from Zidane he is the best european player I have seen.

Edited by The Nal

Which three are you on about?

Carroll, Walcott, and Johnson.

I don't think any of them was 'world class' or anything on Friday, but as far as I'm concerned they stood out as the three best players by quite a margin - which really only gets to show how shite the others were. :lol:

Welbeck had a decent game too, tho really that's only getting said because of the superb quality of his goal. Without that goal there wouldn't have been too much to say about him.

I saw some posts earlier were someone was saying that Cashley had a decent game, but I thought he was awful - he was caught out time and again being right up the field when Sweden attacked down that side. But to be fair to him I don't think too much of that was his fault, but more caused by what Young was doing in front of him. Because Young kept wandering inside Cashley kept feeling he had run on in front of him - which would have been OK, if Young had ever had a lesson in defending. ;)