WORST BANDS YOU'VE EVER SEEN

Guest MAD HARRY 27

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

30 seconds to mars at Leeds 2011. After watching a 10 minute video of them running about. Jared Leto comes out from the bloody floor, dressed like a messiah, with his arms in the air. His ego is so big and its a shame because the other two members were quite good. Then he doesnt sing one full song, every seconds he puts out his arms for the audience to sing. He does some stupid cult signs and sings 'The kill' badly and the audience miss-time the sing-a-long as he sings it in the worst way possible. Worst thing I have experienced in my life,

in no order.

white lies- HMV forum, London,2010. it was free so I couldnt really complain, Although if i got offered to see them again I would probably turn it down. but i found them to be so dull. didn't know much of their music as well so that didn't help.

Glasvegas- Roundhouse, London, 2011. Went with a mate who had a spare ticket, but lead singer came across as a right bellend, forgot the words several times and the crowd was full of lad-ish dickheads.

The Drums-Reading 2010, really big fan of the drums and wasnt expecting much but was really dissapointed. lead singer seemed to focus more on his awful dancing than his vocals. and he kept changing his tone of voice whilst singing which was cringey.

Metro Station, Malta 2008- They played at some isle of mtv one day festival, but came across as a wannabe blink and kept making terrible jokes. their music is w*nk as well

Edited by RDCL

They were fuming that night though weren't they? I remember hearing the stormed offstage at the end! Hahaaa

I've seen them three times, at V where they first debuted Use Somebody, so basically the BOTT tour with Use Somebody and Sex On Fire

Then I saw them (seated right near the back) of MEN arena after OBTN and excusing Cold Desert and Notion etc, it was absolutely jaw dropping.

Then I saw them after Come Around Sundown in Sheffield and they basically did a collection of the best songs from every single album, it was amazing and the mosh pits were without a doubt the best I've been in ever

Really? I saw them twice, in 2010 supporting Muse, and at their own show in 2011. The support slot was good, and I thought their own show was sublime! My brother said they were good at Leeds last year too :)

However, I did see their Glasto set from '09 or '10 on tv and thought it was bad haha

MGMT, Heaven 2010: ....The crowd was shit, the actual stereotypical London fashion w*nkers constantly on the phone, taking videos and pictures and talking to their mates waiting for them to play Kids.....Normally I get over it and enjoy myself but my god they was boring and fucking shit.

MGMT, Glastonbury 2010: Gave them another chance, was milling about before Faithless and only saw the first bit...again just bored to tears by them. My problem being, I do quite like them actually on record but shitest live act by far.

Lady GaGa, T In The Park 2009: ...Just shit really, i thought it would be fun popy act to watch in the afternoon. Just bored, the rendition of poker face (for the 2nd time) on piano was shot and a girl stood on my foot with her heals (HEALS AT FRICKING FESTIVAL?!)

Basshunter, 2009: Won some free tickets so thought why not? How bad can it be? Turned up a bit late as The Blackout Crew were supporting and I can't stand them in the slightest. Anyway got in...was just...I have no words by far the "worse performance" I've ever seen that mostly involved Mr Hunter making sex jokes and strutting around in small pant. He done his song that I forgot the name of that was popular 2/3 times including playing the video to it while he went off stage for an encore....the whole thing if i remember correctly seemed really short to. Very odd stuff, I wouldn't recommend going again but it was free.

Was this pre when they turned shit (i.e OBTN)?

Because K.O.L really did seem to contract some kind of soul destroying illness in their live performances and their music after that record came out. One of my biggest regrets is staying through their whole Reading '09 set. I kept telling myself they would play some good old stuff, instead of playing songs which sound like they're aimed at 45 year old divorced BMW drivers who think Clarkson "TELLS IT HOW IT IS", but I was disappointed, and to the fullest extent. They may have been very very very high and not realised where they were, hence them not seeming to give a shit, but going by the reports of them travelling seperately and generally despising each other from that point onwards, I'd say it's more likely they're happy to churn out a record of advert shite and get paid for it and play to crowds who are waiting for My S3333XXXX is on fir333 <3 instead of doing something artistically or musically stimulating.

I've generally forgotten most shit support acts that I've seen, but I remember being really excited to see Ladytron supporting NIN at Brixton in 2007(?) and they were incredibly dull and I couldn't wait for them to get off stag. Maybe its because I was more hyped up about NIN. Luckily I've seen Ladytron since and they were great, so all is well.

I have 2....

The Wombats, they were shocking, they played an hour set of songs ive never heard of and didnt bother playing there most popular songs...Wakestock 2011, so i didnt go out my way to see them but ive never been so dispointed!

Paramore...Leeds 2010, what was the point of them turning up, she arrived 15mins late on stage and left 10min early! Couldnt hear her and to be quite frank im not looking forward to them this year! They just did not make the effort!

I have 2....

The Wombats, they were shocking, they played an hour set of songs ive never heard of and didnt bother playing there most popular songs...Wakestock 2011, so i didnt go out my way to see them but ive never been so dispointed!

Paramore...Leeds 2010, what was the point of them turning up, she arrived 15mins late on stage and left 10min early! Couldnt hear her and to be quite frank im not looking forward to them this year! They just did not make the effort!

Already been said numerous times - but "Chicks on Speed" who supported RHCP at Hyde Park - Shocking, just truely shocking. Do not try and get a crowd of 50,000 clapping along to your hitting paint scrappers together......

.....Kelly Osbourne was also shocking at Knebworth. Do not call the crowd "c*nts" - that will make you no fans.