2013 Lineup

Guest Dukeeyyy

Could be a reason why although not seeming big, Mumford sell a silly amount of tickets and quick. UK Exclusive headline set, would mean I reckon that Biffy will share with T - as that looks quite likely to happen too. Sabbath would also be UK exclusive, interestingly too that Bill Ward may end up after recent comments I read doing future shows with them, so it'd be something that Download didn't quite get.

I realise that people will moan about this but everytime you come on, you talk sense lol.

sabbath

qotsa

placebo

jew

frank turner

mumford

bloc party

the xx

white lies

deftones

biffy clyro

jack white

vampire weekend

maximo park

friendly fires

i still reckon jew could be 5th but not sure who could slip in there. and as you say with the xx, if they headline bestival this time, they would possibly warrant a sub slot

• Replies 28.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thetime

• mrtourette

• Mouseboy11

• the wonderwhy

Didn't Melvin say he was close to booking the 3rd headliner though. If that was true, then Neil's theory of Sabbath being in talks is wrong.

It seems too random to me.

there's a million different good reasons why R/L might be looking at booking BS, and nothing said by anyone up till now rules them out as possible.

What I am very confident about is that my info is good, and that R/L have recently talking to Sabbath about playing.

I reckon one of the other headliners will be Biffy (don't we all? tongue.png) and if I had to name just one band fit Reading and Leeds and their demographic perfectly, it would be them. Seven times they've played, isn't it? So I don't think having two heavier headliners would be much of an issue.

Edited by VCK

I think a proper arena tour would solidify Biffy's status as a proper headliner even more... their last arena tour only contained what I would call 5 proper arenas (both Hull and Plymouth aren't any bigger than Brixton Academy)... I think if they do Cardiff, London, Birmingham, Manchester, Nottingham, Newcastle, Glasgow and Aberdeen they will have a very decent arena tour behind them

Pretty much, R&L don't normally have headliners with tour dates left (acts like My Chemical Romance have toured the same year but finshed before the announcement) so if it's the usual March announcement then they are pretty much sub for 2013 or take a break from the fests and headline in 2014 imo.

No, they wouldn't book an act on those terms as either way you will need to book another act who will also be in doubt as to their position and it will create problems with fees and the bands other touring commitments. Regardless of when those shows sell out it will still mean at the time of the R&L announcement their big exclusive headliner will be doing a full tour.

Thought I'd point out that Biffy are doing Cardiff Motorpoint 22nd March next year.

You have to say, MB is likely to stick to his view they aren't big enough to headline yet this time. Reminds me a bit like Flo, the arena tour came a bit later so the ticket sales hadn't quite justified the headline spot.

Thought I'd point out that Biffy are doing Cardiff Motorpoint 22nd March next year.

You have to say, MB is likely to stick to his view they aren't big enough to headline yet this time. Reminds me a bit like Flo, the arena tour came a bit later so the ticket sales hadn't quite justified the headline spot.