The Dirty Independence Question

Kyelo

4 minutes ago, LJS said:

I refer to my earlier answer...

Ms Sturgeon added that subsequent papers would look at a number of areas including;

• currency
  • tax and spend

sturgeon has already bottled  it with those, how you gonna do with a coward in charge.

13 minutes ago, Neil said:

still waiting for your reasonable critique of the 2014 white paper, instead of pretending it wasn't billy bullshit.

still waiting for you to say something new

5 hours ago, Neil said:

Even on the way out of the door Scotland wants something from England, and that's legislation to establish Scotland.

59 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

He was your poster boy not long ago ?  have you forgot ?

the case for independence has nothing to do with poster boys (or girls for that matter) 

1 hour ago, LJS said:

the case for independence has nothing to do with poster boys (or girls for that matter) 

Nothing to do with clear headed thinking, grand promises of outpeforming established countries but no word on how. 

1 hour ago, Barry Fish said:

The point is people who have this weird obsession with "sovereignty" will put up with anything to achieve it...

It should scare the living day light out of any normal person...  and we have a great example with Brexit.

I have a weird obsession with democracy.

• 2 weeks later...

so sturgeon only has bluff as her path to a ref she's sold Scotland bullshit, the legal position is clear, Westminster  is responsible for constitutional matters. so can we expect just bullshit as the reason why Scotland should be independent, bullshit will match 2014, as much bullshit as a brexiter.

11 minutes ago, Neil said:

so sturgeon only has bluff as her path to a ref she's sold Scotland bullshit, the legal position is clear, Westminster  is responsible for constitutional matters. so can we expect just bullshit as the reason why Scotland should be independent, bullshit will match 2014, as much bullshit as a brexiter.

As is so often the case, Neil: other opinions are available.

Let's just wait and see how this plays out, shall we?

2 minutes ago, lost said:

She's panicking now it looks like the Tories will be out at the next election.

it often looks like the Tories will be out at the next election.

They rarely are.

15 minutes ago, lost said:

She's panicking now it looks like the Tories will be out at the next election.

Spaffer was going to be the factor which swung opinion to pro indy, hasn't happened tho. 

6 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

I am thinking they might appeal to the united nations to step in or some shit lol

Salmond will get Putin to liberate us.

1 hour ago, Neil said:

Spaffer was going to be the factor which swung opinion to pro indy, hasn't happened tho. 

Theres no basis for that, it would be anvenbaressmebt to Scotland if it did that. 

13 hours ago, steviewevie said:

Wish I could vote for scottish independence.

I'm surprised Sturgeon hasn't asked for that giving the English a vote. She'd walk it! Even just to get Ian Blackford off the telly every PM's questions.

Edited by lost

3 minutes ago, lost said:

I'm surprised Sturgeon hasn't asked for that giving the English a vote.

for sturgeon's consistency, she should have the English voting too. Scotland can only leave if the whole UK votes Scotland out.

Edited by Neil