The Dirty Independence Question

Kyelo

59 minutes ago, Neil said:

so, an indy Scotland in the EU you say, not quick i say, we've now got the chance to see how quick it might be with Ukraine, Nats love to claim a special case for Scotland that would make it extra quick, it would be hard to pretend there's no special case for Ukraine given the situation right now.

if Ukraine is given candidate status shortly i reckon it'll be 5 years before it's a full member.

cool - I'll check back with you in 5 years, Neil.

1 hour ago, Neil said:

action promised for tomorrow, will be interesting to see how they're fudging the currency issue this time!

I don't think we'll be getting that level of detail tomorrow.

Plenty of time for that stuff. You'll just need to be patient, Neil.

17 minutes ago, LJS said:

I don't think we'll be getting that level of detail tomorrow.

Plenty of time for that stuff. You'll just need to be patient, Neil.

Report on radio four just now promised that level of detail. 

2 hours ago, Neil said:

Report on radio four just now promised that level of detail. 

But not tomorrow it would seem.

"The first paper on the new independence push - entitled 'Wealthier, Happier, Fairer: Why Not Scotland?' - will be a "scene setter" which will compare Scotland and the UK to other European countries and set out why the government believes the country would be better off if it were independent.

Ms Sturgeon added that subsequent papers would look at a number of areas including;

• currency
  • tax and spend
  • defence
  • social security and pensions
  • and EU membership and trade

The first minister told the BBC: "The conclusion very clearly is that Scotland could be doing much better as an independent country... Nobody right now can look at the UK - the mess it's in currently and its prospects for the UK outside of the European Union surely and conclude anything other than that Scotland can do better as an independent country."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-61785553

5 hours ago, LJS said:

which will compare Scotland and the UK to other European countries

an idiot idea, you only win eurovision, if you have good musicians, not just because you're indy, why not compare with the richest countries?

4 hours ago, Neil said:

an idiot idea, you only win eurovision, if you have good musicians, not just because you're indy, why not compare with the richest countries?

I assume you are happy with the countries chosen 🙂

Denmark, Sweden, Finland, Norway, Iceland, Ireland, Switzerland, Austria, Belgium and the Netherlands

51 minutes ago, LJS said:

I assume you are happy with the countries chosen 🙂

Denmark, Sweden, Finland, Norway, Iceland, Ireland, Switzerland, Austria, Belgium and the Netherlands

none of those have ascotlands issues, issues that don't go away with an indie vote.

20 minutes ago, Neil said:

none of those have ascotlands issues, issues that don't go away with an indie vote.

39 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

One thing we have learnt from Brexit and the current stance in NI from the likes of the DUP who would happily see the NI protocol scrapped and NI made a poorer country is the people who care most deeply about their idea of sovereignty do so above all else.

You just have to hope there is enough sane people around to see through it all and focus on voting for what actually makes their lives better in real terms.

We failed over Brexit - Scottish independence would just be another wrong move that makes us all poorer in every way possible.

Its beyond me how someone can be Pro-EU and at the same time anti UK...  Its just utterly moronic. 

Maybe because the UK is morally bankrupt and has an electorate the majority of whom who still think Mr Johnson is a better pm than Mr Starmer. I understand people have reservations about Starmer but my arse would be a better PM than Johnson and I am fed up having my government decided by these halfwits.

34 minutes ago, LJS said:

Maybe because the UK is morally bankrupt and has an electorate the majority of whom who still think Mr Johnson is a better pm than Mr Starmer. I understand people have reservations about Starmer but my arse would be a better PM than Johnson and I am fed up having my government decided by these halfwits.

If votes are ou don't agree with are morally bankrupt pure heading for civil war. And all t aim to be like te eu low performers. 

13 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

I guess some people will want scottish independence for multiple reasons, whether risky economically or not...it was the same with brexit.

It's the same as Brexit, the stroke is leading the gullible with lies. 

12 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

And sex offender Alex and nasty no mask Nicky are much better ? 

What has Alex got to do with it? He is totally irrelevant to current politics.

And yes "no-Mask Nicky" is much much better than pathological liar Boris.

(Although in fairness that is not a high bar)

3 minutes ago, LJS said:

And yes "no-Mask Nicky" is much much better than pathological liar Boris.

did you ever read the 2014 white paper, lies bigger than anything spaffer has ever done.

19 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

And sex offender Alex and nasty no mask Nicky are much better ? 

the SNP has its own sex offenders, i saw one grovelling in the HoC earlier

Just now, Neil said:

the SNP has its own sex offenders, i saw one grovelling in the HoC earlier

I am not aware that anyone has claimed that independence will abolish sex offenders.

3 minutes ago, LJS said:

I am not aware that anyone has claimed that independence will abolish sex offenders.

the snp are outdoing the tories for sex offenders, and a want for public spending cuts.

5 minutes ago, LJS said:

you did just claim it will abolish liars, truth is it will promote and laud them.

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

I see the usual intelligent arguments for and against scottish independence.

and the usual xenophobic argument in favour of it, nuthing of Scotland is Scotland's fault.

8 minutes ago, Neil said:

i see sturgeon has published some stuff, the word "currency" isn't in it. lol

I refer to my earlier answer...

Ms Sturgeon added that subsequent papers would look at a number of areas including;

• currency
  • tax and spend
  • defence
  • social security and pensions
  • and EU membership and trade
7 minutes ago, Neil said:

the snp are outdoing the tories for sex offenders, and a want for public spending cuts.

a bold claim which you have just made up

5 minutes ago, Neil said:

you did just claim it will abolish liars, truth is it will promote and laud them.

liar

Edited by LJS