The Dirty Independence Question

Kyelo

10 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

It would be a shame if something as big as Scottish Independence came down to - do you like the Tories or not...

Scotland still has a big say in Westminster if it choose to use it...  

Scotland will vote indy because of anti English sentiment. 

Scotland chooses to be I impotent at Westminster by voting SNP. 

Edited by Neil

8 minutes ago, Neil said:

Scotland will vote indy because of anti English sentiment. 

Scotland chooses to be I impotent at Westminster by voting SNP. 

although maybe some vote indy because they simply want Scotland out of the UK, and maybe some vote SNP because they like their policies...? But you carry on making your sweeping statements.

3 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

although maybe some vote indy because they simply want Scotland out of the UK, and maybe some vote SNP because they like their policies...? But you carry on making your sweeping statements.

Oh, he will.

Nationalists spent more money on the last Shetland constituency election than they did on their whole campaign during the Brexit referendum. Some might say the Nationalists very very happy that the UK voted for Brexit.

if theyd spent more on the brexit campaign then fewer scots might have voted for brexit, and scotland could have changed the result, proving that its not england that decides stuff.

Scots who’d voted to stay in the Union because they’d been told that was the only way to guarantee continued EU membership, were badly betrayed by the SNP who lied to them about EU membership.

On 6/29/2022 at 2:04 PM, Neil said:

in other news, i managed to crash a mobility scooter again today, at least i didn't break bones this time, i've got some nasty grazes tho. need to be more careful.

been to hospital today to get checked out from this crash, got concerned that i might have broken bones, i haven't luckily, i also got to see some of the therapy staff who looked after me in hospital (none of the nurses tho, they weren't working today, shame), who were pleased to hear how i was going, they don't normally get to hear how people progress.

On 7/4/2022 at 9:15 AM, Barry Fish said:

In the end if Scotland want another vote they should get one... 

On 7/4/2022 at 9:19 AM, Neil said:

one each week.

🙂

I'm guessing that's different.

1 hour ago, Neil said:

not according to polls, the same polls sturgeon is using as the basis of her comments.

Nonsense. As with all polls, it all depends on the question you ask

58 minutes ago, Neil said:

do you want a ref more than you want Scotland to look after Ukrainian refugees?

I'll have both please.

58 minutes ago, Neil said:

the refugees lost that one.

I think I'll take sturgeon's attitude to refugees over whichever maniac the English Tory bigots are about to vote into power.

🙂

31 minutes ago, LJS said:

Nonsense. As with all polls, it all depends on the question you ask

I'll have both please.

I think I'll take sturgeon's attitude to refugees over whichever maniac the English Tory bigots are about to vote into power.

🙂

sturgeon has just blocked the refugees, to put Scotland first.

21 minutes ago, Neil said:

sturgeon has just blocked the refugees, to put Scotland first.

I assume you can supply a link to this story which will completely justify your claim.

Cos I can't find one.

26 minutes ago, LJS said:

I assume you can supply a link to this story which will completely justify your claim.

Cos I can't find one.

Hopefully I'll remember to give you a link tomorrow, can't do it on my phone. 

31 minutes ago, Neil said:

So you read that article & really thought it said "sturgeon has just blocked the refugees, to put Scotland first. "

That's really what you are saying is it?

• 4 weeks later...

this line jumped out at me....

it would be better for all concerned if Welsh were to be the language of choice for mainland Scots wishing to nourish their Celtic linguistic roots.

from https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/jul/29/a-broader-view-of-old-scotlands-languages

Edited by Neil