Wife suspended over comments on facebook, advice!

Guest thetime

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously just looking to cut staff and finding very flimsy reasons to sack them . I'd be straight onto ACAS, they gave me some good advice when my work was closing. Whichever way you loook at it, the company's in the wrong and they shouldn't be allowed to get away with it.

are they in the wrong though to sack someone for breaching the terms of their contract? (I assume this is a breach of contract). Morally yes, but legally?

It's unfair and mean, but it's legal.

It's like being fired for sending personal emails/using the internet.

Sadly the only way to avoid this sort of thing is dont breach your contract. But if the tories get their way even that wont be enough if a company is determined to fire people.

• 4 weeks later...

well bit of an update.

wife got a new job over christmas, bit of a blessing her losing the job really.

New job with better hours, supervisory role and better pay. We also managed to get the whole christmas and new year together, which was a big bonus as you can imagine in a old people home theres no christmas shut down lol.

Shes also persuing the sacking so all is good,

happy days.

well bit of an update.

wife got a new job over christmas, bit of a blessing her losing the job really.

New job with better hours, supervisory role and better pay. We also managed to get the whole christmas and new year together, which was a big bonus as you can imagine in a old people home theres no christmas shut down lol.

Shes also persuing the sacking so all is good,

happy days.

It'll be interesting if she does take them to a tribunal. The first thing I would want is a copy of their policies and procedures to see how watertight it is. I recently found a gaping hole in my companies policies and procedures. Needless to say, they weren't very happy to have their mistake shown to them while they were trying to get me to move to cover another geographical area. I hope thetime's misses nails them to the cross.