Latitude 2012

Gingerbond

Let's hope they have more Hektor's Pure and Scarecrow for the Sunday night this year. Having to swap over to Tuborg or Magners was shite.

I am sure Hektor has a fair idea how many he has to produce going on previous years demand but if a bar runs out then its best to check another bar as they don't all run out at the same time.

Space at the back of most bars are tight and space has to be reserved for the dirty cups and they do take up a huge percentage of the space.

by the Sunday evening the stacks had blocked the toilets at the right so space is a big problem.

blue-case-used.jpg

PLEASE HELP!

Does anyone know if Latitude tickets can be sold on? I bought two tickets last weekend under the influence of too much red wine and now I'm regretting such a hasty decision. Do people think the event will sell out and then tickets will become available on other websites? I don't want to make any money from them.

Thanks.

PLEASE HELP!

Does anyone know if Latitude tickets can be sold on? I bought two tickets last weekend under the influence of too much red wine and now I'm regretting such a hasty decision. Do people think the event will sell out and then tickets will become available on other websites? I don't want to make any money from them.

Thanks.

tickets did sell out last year and some people were using http://forums.latitudefestival.co.uk/ to sell tickets they could not use

PLEASE HELP!

Thanks.

I too did something similar, and wanted rid of them. I was so underwhelmed with the number of artists my mum would like, or bands claiming to be 'indie' that I thought I was out of luck.

But - I took the advice of a few people on here and looked closer at the bands I have only heard one or two songs from, and also bands I didn't know - and I am now more than happy to be going. Not excited like last year, but certainly looking forward to it. I'll be leaving my mum in the main arena - Bon Iver, Bat for Lashes, Laura Marling, Richard Hawley, Ben Howard (!!!!) and trying the other ones. Look out for The Battles, M83, Edward Sharpe, Bwani Junction, Alabama Shakes..... Watch out for Baxter Dury, BVSC (great fun), Lloyd Cole and Dexys too - there is more to them than the god awful Eileen!

The comedy tent is also great fun - Richie Hall, Reg Hunter etc - but it will likely be full given the dirge on in the main arena (and the Comedy tent is way too small).

Overall - its a great venue....dont sell yer tickets!

• 2 weeks later...

HELP DESPERATELY NEEDED

Me and some friends bought some tickets under the impression that we could easily and cheaply get down on a coach (from Manchester). Looking at it now it seems our best bet is a £60 coach from Sheffield to the fest! I really don't want to pay that much....

So does anyone know and cheaper ways for us Mancunians to get down please? :(

HELP DESPERATELY NEEDED

Me and some friends bought some tickets under the impression that we could easily and cheaply get down on a coach (from Manchester). Looking at it now it seems our best bet is a £60 coach from Sheffield to the fest! I really don't want to pay that much....

Walk? That's free & it should only take you a couple of days. :P

Tempted by Latitude this year, as someone else mentioned the undercard is amazing (especially now Low just got announced!), although the headliners not really my cuppa. My one worry though is that all of the undercard will be on early in the day and therefore all be clashing? Or can I assume that some of the smaller stages will have the likes of Battles headlining later on? Bearing in mind I'd be going primarily for the music lineup.

Also, when does it usually sell out?

HELP DESPERATELY NEEDED

I'd try looking at Megabus a bit closer to the time. You can't book this far in advance but if you're fairly flexible in terms of times you can get from Manchester to London for a fiver and then London to Norwich for a quid (think you can pick up a shuttle bus then, National Express are charging £14.25 return from Norwich to the Latitude site.)

Bit of a ball-ache for you having to go down to London but will work out loads cheaper, £30 each return I reckon.

I'm in Brum and going to Norfolk on holiday and managed to get the travel costs down from £70 each one way on the train down to £19 each return on a combination of National Express/Megabus going via London.

Edited by Flaminglippy
  • Upvote 1

I'd try looking at Megabus a bit closer to the time. You can't book this far in advance but if you're fairly flexible in terms of times you can get from Manchester to London for a fiver and then London to Norwich for a quid (think you can pick up a shuttle bus then, National Express are charging £14.25 return from Norwich to the Latitude site.)

Bit of a ball-ache for you having to go down to London but will work out loads cheaper, £30 each return I reckon.

I'm in Brum and going to Norfolk on holiday and managed to get the travel costs down from £70 each one way on the train down to £19 each return on a combination of National Express/Megabus going via London.

Thanks so, so much!

Tempted by Latitude this year, as someone else mentioned the undercard is amazing (especially now Low just got announced!), although the headliners not really my cuppa. My one worry though is that all of the undercard will be on early in the day and therefore all be clashing? Or can I assume that some of the smaller stages will have the likes of Battles headlining later on? Bearing in mind I'd be going primarily for the music lineup.

Also, when does it usually sell out?

There are 4 music stages, each with their own headliners - here's last year's Clashfinder to give you an idea: http:///s/lat2011/

Doesn't usually sell out until a week or two beforehand, if it all, I think.

What's the easiest way to come from London ?

I'm thinking of flying to Luton (if I manage to find cheap flights) and then head off to the festival

Edited by A-Rob

Luton is nowhere near Latitude, you'd be better flying to Norwich.

It's quicker to come directly from London.

Get a train or bus to Diss or Halesworth and then get the festival bus.

Or get a train to Darsham which is the nearest station and a taxi to the site.

Thanks cavey, the problem is I can't flight to Norwich because there no flights from here (Malta) to Norwich.

I'm also considering flying to Stansted, because I can get a direct bus to Ipswich

What's the easiest way to come from London ?

I'm thinking of flying to Luton (if I manage to find cheap flights) and then head off to the festival

How about coach or train from London to Norwich then the National Express from Norwich to the festival site and back?

Edited by Flaminglippy

Thanks cavey, the problem is I can't flight to Norwich because there no flights from here (Malta) to Norwich.

I'm also considering flying to Stansted, because I can get a direct bus to Ipswich

Flying to Stansted and then getting the X5 bus (which arrives every two hours) is probably your best bet.

Edited by Dirty Boots

HELP DESPERATELY NEEDED

If you are flexible about times, you can get the train from Manchester to Diss for £22 one way - so that's £44 - if you book now there are sitll some left at that price - I just had a look, but you can then get the shuttle bus directly from Diss Station car park to Latitude for, I think about £6.. If you take a coach to Norwich you are still some way from Latitude, which is in Suffolk - would suggest you then get a bus or train from Norwich to Diss - bus about £5, train about £8, and then the shuttle. Also check out coaches or trains to Ipswich, its just as close, if not closer, than Norwich, You then go North from Ipswich - agian bus or train - to Diss, rather than south from Norwich.

Hope thats of help to you

• 2 weeks later...

really want another big announcement of bands to determine whether or not to buy a ticket for this year. had such good fun the last two years but i need some more big names to encourage me to buy one.

i can't remember how it works, are we due another big batch of names at some point?

This will be the best way, Stansted to Ipswich, Ipswich to Latitude. Loads of coaches leaving Ipswich train station to Latitude.

Good Luck