Bestival 2012

Guest 5co77ie

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, the headliners aren't announced till next Wednesday (15th) if I've read correctly. Not sure how Strictly Reading would know, even if both those bands are who most people are expecting to play.

If Sigur Ros headline, FUSKOSKDOSKDOASKDPAKSDPKOASD. I'd love it.

Edited by Joe-

If tomorrow is the big announcement, any of these and I'll be happy: Black Keys, Justice, Band of Skulls, Queens of the Stone Age, Pixies, Exit Calm, Twisted Wheel, Beardyman, Eric Prydz, 2ManyDJs, Chase & Status, The Horrors, Maya Jane Coles, Magnetic Man, DJ Yoda.

And a couple hail Mary's: Daft Punk, Chemical Brothers

It'll be my first Bestival so I don't really know what to expect but if you guys say it's awesome, that's good enough for me!

Ok, so let's see.

Orbital, The XX, Friends, First Aid Kit, Sister Sledge. Sigur Ros, Soulwax, 2manyDJ's, Warpaint, De La Soul, The Horrors, Spiritualized (fucking Spiritualized!), Inner City/Kevin Saunderson, Gary Numan, Buraka Som Sistema, Bellowhead, Little Dragon, Chas & Dave, Ane Brun, Four Tet, Caribou, Charli XCX, Frankie Rose, Milagres, Earth Wind & Fire, Adam Ant, King Khan & The Shrines, Prince Fatty, 2:54, Turbowolf, Emily Barker & The Red Clay Halo...

Kid in a sweet shop.

wow ... well hopefully they will headline a fest in europe .... either

Rock en Siene or Pukkelpop so i can get a day ticket. one of the very few bands remaining on my must see list

not intrested in seeing them not headline

from what you're saying and the experience you seem to want of them, then if I were you I'd definitely swerve Bestival as the place to see them.

I like Bestival a lot. The crowd in the main suit the festival, and it works very well.

But Rob's bookings - which in my opinion are fantastic - are often too diverse for the sort of crowd it attracts, and end up being mostly wasted on an awful lot of them, who want to take pills and dance to bleeps, or who want to see the sort of acts they'll hear on daytime mainstream radio.

I've seen some fantastic and rare bookings attract just handful of people, but most of all I've noticed the look of confusion (mostly soon followed by an exit to elsewhere on site) about some VERY famous acts on so very many of the crowd. It saddens me.