Bearded Theory 2012

Guest Rich BT

• Replies 768
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a few questions . .

We are traveling from Liverpool by train to derby then getting a taxi from there to the festival, we wont be getting there until about 7pmish +, we'll need a bigish spot as we have a family tent (taking two young children)

Is there going to be horrendous ques at that time on the Friday (and is my taxi bill going to be huge) :s

and is there even going to be space for our tent?

hmm...with that and the weather forecast i have really cold feet/stressed out.*

*first ever festival were taking our children/never been to bearded before/we'll be carrying all our stuff by hand...gah!

Edited by Rachie

Aw don't be stressed hon :girlwah: Hopefully you're worrying unnecesarily and all will work out just fine for you. Just think of that moment when you've set up camp, you're all settled and you get your first cider out .........*and relax!*........

Despite my best efforts not to be bothered, I'm becoming a bit obsessed with the weather! Have just checked 3 sites - bbc and metcheck don't look too bad reporting cloudy with just the odd spot of rain here and there but the weather channel (who I usually go by) state rain, rain and more rain :( PLEASE be wrong weather channel......

Despite my best efforts not to be bothered, I'm becoming a bit obsessed with the weather! Have just checked 3 sites - bbc and metcheck don't look too bad reporting cloudy with just the odd spot of rain here and there but the weather channel (who I usually go by) state rain, rain and more rain :( PLEASE be wrong weather channel......

The weather is a constant obsession for a fair few of us, even though there is nothing we can do about it, crazy really....but metcheck looks good

http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/14days.asp?zipcode=de22

lets hope thats correct...

Got the ciders bought last night, the tents survived the hail and rail yesterday, found me wellies, its all coming up millhouse...

cant wait. 2 more sleeps :D

Just got back from southern Spain !

It was upto 31 yesterday and driving home from East Midlands it was down to 3 , but I do seem to have brought the weather home , cos its lovely in Yorkshire today !

Not long now !

a few questions . .

We are traveling from Liverpool by train to derby then getting a taxi from there to the festival, we wont be getting there until about 7pmish +, we'll need a bigish spot as we have a family tent (taking two young children)

Is there going to be horrendous ques at that time on the Friday (and is my taxi bill going to be huge) :s

and is there even going to be space for our tent?

hmm...with that and the weather forecast i have really cold feet/stressed out.*

*first ever festival were taking our children/never been to bearded before/we'll be carrying all our stuff by hand...gah!

Just making sure that everyone who's planning to camp with the loosely efests-based camp knows that we'll be on the other side of the row of trees running from the lake across the campsite. Where were were last year is on the doorstep of the dance tent this year. So we'll be on the opposite side of the trees this year.

See you all very, very soon :girlhaha:

The weather is a constant obsession for a fair few of us, even though there is nothing we can do about it, crazy really....but metcheck looks good

http://www.metcheck....sp?zipcode=de22

lets hope thats correct...

Got the ciders bought last night, the tents survived the hail and rail yesterday, found me wellies, its all coming up millhouse...

cant wait. 2 more sleeps :D

Ooooooh.... metcheck may be my new favourite!!

*Packs sunglasses*

erm ... you might want to calm down a little. I just followed that link just to see what the weather might be, and the forecast it gave wasn't for this weekend but next weekend (not sure if that's what it gave you tho). Strangely, I couldn't get metcheck to give me a forecast for this weekend.

/me tootles off the another weather site for a forecast.....

Edited by eFestivals

erm ... you might want to calm down a little. I just followed that link just to see what the weather might be, and the forecast it gave wasn't for this weekend but next weekend (not sure if that's what it gave you tho). Strangely, I couldn't get metcheck to give me a forecast for this weekend.

Just making sure that everyone who's planning to camp with the loosely efests-based camp knows that we'll be on the other side of the row of trees running from the lake across the campsite. Where were were last year is on the doorstep of the dance tent this year. So we'll be on the opposite side of the trees this year.

See you all very, very soon :girlhaha:

Theres so many forecasts going round...just seen this one on the bearded website forum

http://www.xcweather.co.uk/forecast/de22

Mad how we obsess over weather and there is nought we can do about it...

anyway...no matter what the darn weather I will be buzzing all weekend.. :D. cant wait

Work is now getting in the way of my preperations!!

Theres so many forecasts going round...just seen this one on the bearded website forum

http://www.xcweather.co.uk/forecast/de22

Mad how we obsess over weather and there is nought we can do about it...

it makes me laugh - a lot - how festival goers hunt around the various weather sites to find the best one they can, and then that's the one they post.

It's almost like they want to believe that by picking the best one they're controlling the weather. :lol:

It's a shit if the weather is bad, but there's sod all anyone can do about it. :(