My Chemical Romance

Guest 2rare2die

I'm a fan, and I was slightly dubious of their announcement, I thought there time had been and gone, and although Danger Days was an incredible album, that alone wasn't good enough for a headline spot. However, I was very excited to see them live for the first time.

My god. They were everything I expected, and even more. Such a highlight, didn't need anything other than them, the music, and a few lights. Such a good atmosphere and to see however many people were in the crowd singing along to Welcome to the Black Parade was just incredible.

One criticism... why no Brain May at Leeds?

I'm a fan, and I was slightly dubious of their announcement, I thought there time had been and gone, and although Danger Days was an incredible album, that alone wasn't good enough for a headline spot. However, I was very excited to see them live for the first time.

My god. They were everything I expected, and even more. Such a highlight, didn't need anything other than them, the music, and a few lights. Such a good atmosphere and to see however many people were in the crowd singing along to Welcome to the Black Parade was just incredible.

One criticism... why no Brain May at Leeds?

One thing which did make me laugh when I watched them on TV, was when Gerard Way asked the crowd if this was their first time seeing MCR, a huge portion of the crowd seemed to cheer and he had this look of surprise on his face.

But yeah, not a fan of MCR and I never have been but they did look like they were playing a headline-worthy set, and it's always nice to see people silence their doubters whatever the circumstance.

Is it just me that thought they werent amazing? I was a fan before and still am however would not seen them live, I thought they had good effects and that was it, his voice was way to weak you could barely hear him over the instruments, weak voice or got the sound stuff wrong, either way poor performance in that section and I was inbetween the 2 speakers..

Compare that to Pulp who were amazing live, great all round balance everything was so clear.

Also I don't know why, nerves, excited, whatever but every other word seemed to be f*ck/f*cking/mother f*cker, which just seemed a bit stupid to me.

I didn't really enjoy their set but I really am not a fan of the music. Went to see them with the girlfriend though and was really impressed with them, they definitely seemed to appreciate being there and enjoy playing which came through and made a difference. Wasn't the same level of success story as Arcade Fire were last year but really pleased they pulled it off.

Is it just me that thought they werent amazing? I was a fan before and still am however would not seen them live, I thought they had good effects and that was it, his voice was way to weak you could barely hear him over the instruments, weak voice or got the sound stuff wrong, either way poor performance in that section and I was inbetween the 2 speakers..

Compare that to Pulp who were amazing live, great all round balance everything was so clear.

Also I don't know why, nerves, excited, whatever but every other word seemed to be f*ck/f*cking/mother f*cker, which just seemed a bit stupid to me.