Football 2011-2012

Guest eFestivals

On last season's performance, Lucas is the 2nd name on the team sheet after Reina.

Highly unusual for the club to "rubbish" one of these "caught-offside" :lol: standard stories - but thats what they have done. Total crap.

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• eFestivals

• The Nal

• kaosmark2

• strummer77

well it seems sergio aguero will be a manchester city player in the next few days. what im very interested in is the likely hood of tevez and sergio up front in the charity shield, even if tevez is sold to inter (the only club that seems to be even slightly interested in him) how amazing would that strike partnership be? one of the best in the world? hmm maybe. i could see tevez staying until January then going to brazil.

Quite surpised some of the players still on our books less than two weeks from the start of the season.

I expected Green, Cole, Parker, Barrera, Piquionne, Faubert, Illunga and a few others to be long gone by now, yet they've all played in pre-season friendlies implying we're not bothered about potential injuries hampering moves for them.

I don't mind Allardyce being in charge, hopefully he can stop us making the basic defensive errors we've been making for as long as I can remember.

Neymar golazo from last night against Flamengo!

Santos went 3-0 against Flamengo within 25 minutes. Flamengo came back to make it 3-3 before half-time with a goal from Ronaldinho. Neymar then added his 2nd just after the break, for Ronaldinho to get a hat-trick. Flamengo 5-4 Santos.

-------

He got his goal in the end, but from last night's game against MLS all-stars, just watch Berba's reaction after Anderson's opener. :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnMCW8o7Xb8

The Aguero signing really excites me, then again so did veron and crespo so it will depend how he settles. In my opinion for all the strengths of the premiership it does lack a bit of star quality compared to la liga so Aguero will defintely help. I also think Mata would be a great signing if Arsenal can pull it off and with the price rumoured to be less than Downing he could be great value. For all the stick arsenal get and the majority of people expecting them to drop out of the top 5, I think Wenger is looking at the right people at the right prices and I think they could surprise people.

As a Wales fan I am very happy with the world cup qualifying draw. The only team Im dissapointed with are belgium who looked pretty strong in pot 3 but all the other teams were ranked 6-9 in their relevant pot. Im sure Scotland will also be happy in the same group, while england whave also got a good draw. I dont expect us to contend for qualification but should be chances to build our ranking up and move up the pots for next time, then again northen ireland were 2 pots higher and got a worse draw, so sometimes it is luck of the draw. I still dont get any ranking system that puts norway in A and France IN B but doubt they will ever perfect that system.

Not just yesterday but the entire weekend! Absolute spineless bottlers, the lot of them. They need Jagielka and Samba or some sort of bruiser back there. Either that, or Wenger needs to take his stubbornness and leave. He has achieved great things at Arsenal but they're going backwards now and will fall out of the top 4 this season if things stay as they are. The "great football" they've been masking the lack of results with isn't there either anymore.

I watched them against Cologne or similar last weekend and to be fair it was almost magical to watch at times. As a fan though I want a result first, entertainment second. Sod looking ace, if you're getting beaten.

Utd and Chelsea have this right, Wenger does not

Didn't see them vs Cologne but there wasn't much magic in the Emirates at the weekend. The heads were down. Defending was as bad as it gets at times. NY Red Bulls are awful. A half fit and half arsed Henry caused them serious problems.

Edited by Benj

I have always been of the impression that you cant make any judgements from friendlies. Defenders dont go in for tackles like they would in a proper match and also focus and concentration is generally significantly reduced. Arsenal do need to recruit defenders but thats because of what happened in games last season not irrelevant friendlies.

I have always been of the impression that you cant make any judgements from friendlies. Defenders dont go in for tackles like they would in a proper match and also focus and concentration is generally significantly reduced. Arsenal do need to recruit defenders but thats because of what happened in games last season not irrelevant friendlies.