The fallow year

Guest stu_kent

So, if I've got this right the last year off was in 2006 and when the festival returned in 2007 The Park had been created and the ticket system switched to pre-registration with photo.

Do you guys think there will be significant changes/additions this time round?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I reckon you might get a bit of a different crowd of people. Maybe a few of those who went this year due to the sun of last year will not return and the two year wait might mean a few people don't register again maybe get rid of a few of the anti social f**kers I encountered this time.

I reckon you might get a bit of a different crowd of people. Maybe a few of those who went this year due to the sun of last year will not return and the two year wait might mean a few people don't register again maybe get rid of a few of the anti social f**kers I encountered this time.

Big changes will occur I reckon. Emily has already indicated a scaling back of the corporate side of things. I would hope for a return to it being a 3 day festival but its probably not going to happen as one would think the festival generates a lot more cash when it's a 5 dayer and when you get 100000 people or so on site on the Wed....

Big changes will occur I reckon. Emily has already indicated a scaling back of the corporate side of things. I would hope for a return to it being a 3 day festival but its probably not going to happen as one would think the festival generates a lot more cash when it's a 5 dayer and when you get 100000 people or so on site on the Wed....

I think people are dreaming about it being longer,i can never see it getting past the licence applications,don't really see any point in extending it at all. I would love to see either the numbers dropping by 20 to 30k, and ticket prices going up to pay for it, if not i think it needs a huge increase in camping areas. Can't see any of this happening though, i think it will just plod on as it is now.

Give the option to pay a bit extra to get there earlier? e.g Tuesday/Wednesday £220, Thursday £175, Friday £150?

Would mean site would get filled up progressively rather than having everyone arriving Wednesday morning? in a group of 4 that is a massive saving if you arrive on Friday, wont stop me arriving on Wednesday though but might put some people off specially if they are a bit skint.

Also, the tickets have a bar code on it, I think next time they should sort of assign tents to tickets when you get in, so when you walk in with a tent, you give them your ticket and they flag you in the system that you have a tent (e.g scan your ticket as they do now for fake ones but have a Tent/No Tent database) so is not going to take that much longer at all to flag your tent/ticket.... on the Monday on the way out they should have a scanner for your ticket, if it shows you came with a tent but dont have it with you then you either pay a fine or go back get your damn tent, obviously if you have a massive tent for 8+ people then just 1 person in the group gets flagged and is therefore responsible for it.

Would probably cause more queuing but I am happy to queue knowing people are taking their crap with them.

Give the option to pay a bit extra to get there earlier? e.g Tuesday/Wednesday £220, Thursday £175, Friday £150?

Would mean site would get filled up progressively rather than having everyone arriving Wednesday morning? in a group of 4 that is a massive saving if you arrive on Friday, wont stop me arriving on Wednesday though but might put some people off specially if they are a bit skint.

Also, the tickets have a bar code on it, I think next time they should sort of assign tents to tickets when you get in, so when you walk in with a tent, you give them your ticket and they flag you in the system that you have a tent (e.g scan your ticket as they do now for fake ones but have a Tent/No Tent database) so is not going to take that much longer at all to flag your tent/ticket.... on the Monday on the way out they should have a scanner for your ticket, if it shows you came with a tent but dont have it with you then you either pay a fine or go back get your damn tent, obviously if you have a massive tent for 8+ people then just 1 person in the group gets flagged and is therefore responsible for it.

Would probably cause more queuing but I am happy to queue knowing people are taking their crap with them.

I 'left a tent' this year as such.

Wouldn't have got picked up by that system - I had two pop-up tents in one bag.

Both of these were leant to friends. When I went to collect them on Monday morning, only one was left, with the other obviously having been scavenged.

Ignoring that they were both in one tent bag, would seem really harsh if I got made to pay a fine for my tent that got stolen (especially as it's my favourite model, was the newer of the two and a discontinued design.)

Edited by geebus

OK, assign it to the wristband somehow?

Next time I am very tempted to take a trolley purely for taking like 10 tents home with me... this year I saw this incredible tent left abandoned, easily for 9+ people... I was going to take it apart and bring it with me but the lovely people who were in it decided to use one of the rooms in there as a toilet, it was literally covered in shit and piss, ironically the portaloos were less than a minutes walk, hell, they were 30 seconds at most.

Went online and cheapest tent like it I seen so far was £600+... what a waste.

Edited by GlasstoLuver