Camerons Friend dies in Portoloo!

Guest ThomThomDrum

Bit of a weird way to go really. Poor guy.

Also, imagine being the person to find him. That would give me nightmares for weeks and cement my aversion to portaloos.

Edited by sisterofmercy

Quote here says that ME thinks it to be suicide!

http://www.herald.ie/world-news/cameron-friend-dies-at-glastonbury-2806556.html

Glastonbury Festival supremo Michael Eavis described the death as "a suicide situation", although police said it was still too early to say. Other sources suggested it was a heart attack.

We don't actually know how he died yet. If you mean because he died on a toilet it is probably a lot more common than you realise. If you mean because he died at glastonbury in a hot, stinky box that then housed his body until some poor unfortunate found it nearly a day later then yes, not the best way to be remembered.

Because he was a tory basically anything I say will seem insensitive and in bad taste, so I'll shut up.

I think Michael Eavis was bang out of order to say that to the press when cause of death hadn't been established. It was wild speculation and really inconsiderate to the family.

Michael's full quote made clear that the old bill had initially suggested to him that it was suicide - so it wasn't as out of order as you're suggesting.

Perhaps it would have been wise of him to not repeat that, but he's a farmer not a PR guru and often says the wrong thing, and at his festival people are wanting as much info as they can get so he gave it to them.

As I say, maybe that wasn't wise, but I don't think it was as bad as 'out of order'.

Yeah I've heard the stats about the toilet being a common place of death and of course with the size of Glastonbury sadly it seems to happen every year. Still, not exactly the way most would choose to go (i.e. the portaloo and with such publicity about it).

It had nothing to do with him being a Tory it was the irony of the report and the VIP area there will no doubt have been mps from all parties I'n there the same as they will all no doubt have tickets to the best seats at the Olympics

It had nothing to do with him being a Tory it was the irony of the report and the VIP area there will no doubt have been mps from all parties I'n there the same as they will all no doubt have tickets to the best seats at the Olympics

hmmm ... I don't think that Glasto hands out VIP tix to people just because they're a mate of the PM's. So why exactly was this guy getting a VIP pass? I wish someone would say.