The days/stages/times thread

Guest Infinite Jest

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last year, I had the cinema times in my clashfinder as well. I only need to find the time to do one too and I can upload a fuller version (+ cinema + comedy).

Anyhoo, no one seems to be crying over Mogwai VS Okkervil River. For me it's going to be a real struggle to choose between both. Other than that I'm pretty sure that the rest looks fine and awesome, as expected.

Although I'll be living work at 2pm (from Staines) and will be dying to be there for Best Coast on Friday... ... ...

N Rateliff is amazing live, don't miss him!

I can probably provide that contra view. Sorry, they bored me when I saw them a few months back. They were wooden and every song sounded the same and I wouldn't bother again. Really disappointed. And I like the Lisbon album.

Last year, I had the cinema times in my clashfinder as well. I only need to find the time to do one too and I can upload a fuller version (+ cinema + comedy).

Anyhoo, no one seems to be crying over Mogwai VS Okkervil River. For me it's going to be a real struggle to choose between both. Other than that I'm pretty sure that the rest looks fine and awesome, as expected.

Although I'll be living work at 2pm (from Staines) and will be dying to be there for Best Coast on Friday... ... ...

I'm planning on 1-2 Mogwai tracks before a mad dash to the Garden Stage to weedle my way down the front at OR (so yes, if you find yours;f tutting at the guy cheekily worming his way through the masses, that'll be me - apologies in advance!).

Ben

I may end up doing the same as you, mainly because I've seen Mogwai twice this year. OTOH, I've seen OR once. Decisions, decisions...maybe Mogwai will do a piano stage set during Joanna Newsom :D

Edited by perfectpassion

Not absolutely decided on the latter two clashes but, though I really want to see Mogwai and have not seen them but have seen OR before, the new OR record is just excellent. Despite being a hardened post-rock boy, compared to my most beloved bands, Mogwai are always a little lacking in great songwriting for me. Don't get me wrong, I do like them, but given the impressive size of their back catalogue, there're just too many meh tracks for me really to take them to my heart as I do Sigur Ros, Blueneck, 52 Commercial Road, For a Minor Reflection, iLT, EITS etc.

So, I think that that the emotive, heart-wrenching indie bliss of OR has won this particular battle. I'm planning on 1-2 Mogwai tracks before a mad dash to the Garden Stage to weedle my way down the front at OR (so yes, if you find yours;f tutting at the guy cheekily worming his way through the masses, that'll be me - apologies in advance!). I REALLY need that site map to be published so I can plan my sprint...

Ben

They had a noticeboard two years ago, at least on the Sunday which is how everyone knew about Okkervil River (apart from the bass player, who had to climb literally through a small tree halfway through) Otherwise people went on supposition, tipoffs at the end of sets and handmade signs on the noticeboards.

Edited by SweepingTheNation

I'm not sure I like the idea of a notice board, part of the charm is having a wander over and seeing what is occurring. Mind you I have only ever caught 2 acts here, Alasdair Roberts band, who were brilliant, and some Icelandic kid whose name escapes me and had to whisper so as not offend Iron and Wine.

Is this why there is nothing else on when Joanna Newsome is on, so that her delicate beauty is not sullied by the noise of others?

Think that was Moddi who played when Iron & Wine was on. Didnt matter there were so many people talking, shouting anyway at the back!

Just read that Full Time Hobby have lost all their stock in the PIAS fire in Enfield, where Leisure Soc stock was :( Oh just realised that this extends to a huge amount of Indie labels and a lot of the EoTR bands....

Edited by perfectpassion