The Love Language

Okkervil River

More late night Tipi shenaneghans

Sunday:

Lightning Dust

SLOW DOWN MOLASSES

maybe some Megafaun

Willy Mason

Bit of Woods or maybe Big Deal or possibly further aimless wanderings with sprinklings of indulgences

The Leisure Society Or Kurt Vile or Lia Ices

Some or most or a little bit of laura marling

Some or more of Josh T Pearson unless I'm suddenly in the mood for Wild Nothing

All or most of Doug Paisley or less if I get drawn by Midlake

JOHN GRANT

Maybe Joanna, maybe the Tipi, maybe the piano!

Sunday is ridiculous.......I've capitalised the only two I'm sure of....the rest of the time I could practically go anywhere

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clash dilemma update:

Just how likely/unlikely/inevitable/never-gonna-happen do you think it is that Midlake would hotfoot it from the Woods Stage to BE the backing band for John Grant?

If it did happen, I'd HAVE to be there. If not then, on the basis that I've seen JG twice fairly recently, then I'm planning on going to Brakes and catching the last smidgeon of JG.

I tweeted JG to ask if he was coming with a full band (like at Latitude last year) or even planning to play with the glorious boys from Denton, but no reply. If it was a mostly solo JG set, which I think is unlikely given that he's doing 1.25 hours, then it'd be easier for me as Brakes would be a given.

Solution? I'm resolved to stalking JG +/- Midlake somewhere on the site to ask them and put me out of my misery!

@Geof - we look likely to be in the same place at the same time A LOT - no great surprise on previous form. However, no difficulty for you of FOUND over tUnE-yArDs, eh? Merrill is one cool cookie, you know (and I really like the latest FOUND record...).

Ben

@Geof - we look likely to be in the same place at the same time A LOT - no great surprise on previous form. However, no difficulty for you of FOUND over tUnE-yArDs, eh? Merrill is one cool cookie, you know (and I really like the latest FOUND record...).

Ben

my plan is looking like this so far:

FRIDAY

warm up with a little bit of this frontier

then a smidge of rue royale to check out the eotr forum fuss ;)

cider in the sun for a few caitline rose songs

a quick walk round to the woods (if can be arsed at the time) for dry the river

then in place for a full MICAH P must see set

a quick walk round to best coast (if can be arsed at the time)

then watch found (>>>tuneyards)

probably catch a bit of cambodian space / consume cider, then

in place for a full JAPW set in the garden

meanderings generally, food and drink (maybe a lie down in the cafe with the cakes next to the garden)

then "in the pit" for THE WALKMEN now must see. wouldnt have said that pre Latitude, but they were the nuts, im now a fan)

bit more relaxed approach then to zach condon, then time for warmer ciders and inbetweening tipi and big top

SATURDAY

gentle start with beth JH and some cider in the sun

allo darlin in the big top

general meanderings and ciderings to take in bits of

timber timbre

austra then

down the front for MATT HOUCK

more meandering, cider, food and perhaps

the end of twin shadow, a touch of gruff rhys before

WILD BEASTS - seen a few times, and some time soon they are going to do a storming set, this could be it

part of m ward (perhaps cafe and cake time again), then

OKKERVIL RIVER

may well try zola jesus unless good tipi/piano set on offer (m ward + gruff rhys + matt houck superband anyone?)

SUNDAY

pretty easy day, think i'll mostly go with weather driven decisions

though i'd very much like to carry kathryn calder away with me from the tipi :)

and i will definitely see JOHN GRANT

will probably see joanna newsom, cant see why eotr wouldnt create conditions for a special headline set?

all in all, looking SUPERB

Tune-yards haven't converted me....I'm actually more torn by the lunacy of Bo Ningen....but the Found album is one that's really getting to me too.

And you haven't seen how much better the Tipi stage is than in 2009 yet. Assuming it's the same (if not bigger and better) as last year.

Caitlin Rose vs Dry the River = clash (don't like seeing half sets!).

Saw CR last year and thought she was amazing, the album has been played to death since. Was really hoping to see her this year now I know the songs inside out, but my Mrs Brothers mate is in Dry the River and he keeps telling me to check them out!

Gggrrrr.

Can't wait! :)

Mine is something like this but subject to change on the weekend itself depending on my mood!

Friday:

This Frontier Needs Heroes

Caitlin Rose

Sarabeth Trucek (if I have time)

Micah P Hinson

Best Coast

Tuneyards

CYHSY

Health

Sam Amidon

Probably The Walkmen but not too pushed on anyone around this time

Beirut

White Denim or else some random drunken fun

Saturday

Beth Jeans Houghton

Allo Darlin/James Yorkston

Timber Timbre

Austra

Phosphorescent

Twin Shadow

Gruff Rhys

Wooden Shjips

M Ward (followed by Love Language if there's time.)

Mogwai

Zola Jesus

Sunday

Lanterns on the Lake

Woods

Tinariwen

Kurt Vile

End of Laura Marling

Josh T/Wild Nothing

Midlake

Probably John Grant, though maybe a bit of Brakes

Joanna Newsom

OH I reckon tUnE-yArDs will be quite something live.

Oh Dear some people seem to have left Other "we are on our way"Lives off their list. ;):O Having learnt about bumping threads how do we bump bands up to a bigger stage???

Edited by perfectpassion

I'm in a real tUnE-yArDs vs. FOUND quandry. I'm really keen to see Merrill build up vocal loops and a funkytastic show. Her bassist is really really good and I think it will be an absolutely grin-inducing fun set. BUT...I DO like Factorycraft a hell of a lot. I don't know what it is, but there's just something about the low-fi, hi-quality sound of FOUND that makes me want to see them. This, along with the persisting Brakes vs. John Grant situation, is my biggest clash woe. I can see myself toing and froing on these ones until the days themselves.

No matter how much I love John Grant, every time I put on a right-rollicking Brakes track , I am THERE, jumping about like a madman in the moshpit. I know that EotR is, quite appropriately, not a moshing festival, so I'm not sure I can pass up the chance of a Sunday night jump about. OH GOD, WHAT AM I GONNA DO.......?

Ben

Edited by bennyhana22

I think, maybe, my plans will be thus. Well, there's gaps, where I will decide whether to check someone out, or get food, or drink myself into oblivion:

Friday

Caitlin Rose (gutted to be missing Emanuel & The Fear)

Best Coast

1st half of Bo Ningen

CYHSY

Lykke Li

The Walkmen

Probably Beirut, because everyone else will be there. But then I worry that I'll just end up drunkenly chatting through them, so I may just go and see The Fall on my own

White Denim

Saturday

The Deadly Syndrome

Allo Darlin'

Dan Mangan

Austra

Phosphorescent

2nd half of Twin Shadow

Other Lives

Wild Beasts

2nd half of M Ward

Okkervil River

Zola Jesus

Sunday

Lightning Dust

Slow Down, Molasses

The Fresh & Onlys / Kathryn Calder (can't decide here)

Woods

Kurt Vile

2nd half of Laura Marling

Wild Nothing

Midlake

John Grant

Joanna Newsom

N Rateliff In Memory of Loss is a great album albeit a bit long! Am listening to it at the mo. I have got a feeling that he overlaps with M Ward though, not sure which I prefer. Thanks to whoever said the Walkmen were great live that has helped me.

Thanks Very Much Riverlodge. I have only heard Lisbon, got it by chance about the time they were announced. Should I delve into their back catalogue? Its a shame they are on at the same time as She Keeps Bees, her new stuff was sounding great on R6 a few weeks ago. But then she (they I should say, now a 3 piece) is in the Tipi, and I don't think last time the sound in there did her much justice, so Walkmen it is !

Edited by perfectpassion

The Walkmen have been on "must see" list ever since they were announced. Especially as I decided not to go to their headline show in Oxford off the back of this announcement.

I've liked them since I bought The Rat on CD single all those years ago (I was also a fan of their former guise, Jonathan Fire*Eater), but it's taken until Lisbon for me to love a whole album.

Yeah, I'll be there, down the front.