Jump to content
  • Join our community!

    Join over 250K members and chat about all things festivals.

Worthy FM is on air!


Guest G1T
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • 12 years later...

(As the following seems a bit odd, it seemed somehow appropriate to post it as a reply to this long-dead thread...)

 

At the time I'm writing this, I'm listening to 'Worthy FM' live...  It's usually offline until a few days before the festival, and Worthy FM's social media hasn't mentioned it and is just saying they start on 24th June.  It's just music with no adverts or DJ, so I'm guessing they're using a commercial music feed as a temporary test or a placeholder for their stream?  It's been disco/ambient/EDM so far, so if that's your bag, then you could do worse:  

https://www.worthywebplayer.net

https://tunein.com/radio/Worthy-FM-877-s125909/ 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

cool, tunes for while i'm stuck here in the office 🙂

 

Worthy FM is great, I listen a lot when im lounging in bed in my caravan in the mornings, and also most of tuesday night. I suspect not many other people do, as if you email/text them, they always read out your message 🙂

 

Edit:

 

love a bit of hooj!

image.png.8aeb4803b6bbafbd4fdf98a1aaf6d3b8.png

Edited by paulshane
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, paulshane said:

cool, tunes for while i'm stuck here in the office 🙂

 

Worthy FM is great, I listen a lot when im lounging in bed in my caravan in the mornings, and also most of tuesday night. I suspect not many other people do, as if you email/text them, they always read out your message 🙂

 

Edit:

 

love a bit of hooj!

image.png.8aeb4803b6bbafbd4fdf98a1aaf6d3b8.png

 

I took a little wind up radio once and listened to it in the mornings. It's a great little station.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I love it. It's a comforting voice when all around is madness.. and a good friend when approaching the site/ leaving. I would love to volunteer- I have some radio experience- but sadly I can't imagine being capable on the day. Long may it live. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, goldfishboy said:

Does anyone know what day they started broadcasting last year?

Pretty sure we had it on in the CV fields on Tuesday, they tend to put loads of traffic info out now since they let cars on Tues night after 2016s dousing

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, A Particular Grey Chihuahu said:

Is this online only? If not, what's the actual radio range?

The stuff that's being 'broadcast' at the moment will just be online.  They won't fire up the transmitter tower until the actual live broadcast begins on 24th June.  As far as coverage goes, I usually start to pick it up/lose it around 7 or 8 miles away in my car.  You do occasionally get it much further than that if you're at a high point with a clear line of sight to the festival.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, A Particular Grey Chihuahu said:

Is this online only? If not, what's the actual radio range?

They broadcast on FM from a transmitter on site up by the Medical Center, my car generally picks up the signal about ten miles from the site when i'm heading in over the mendip hills

Edited by paulshane
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi everyone. It's funny to see this thread resurrected as I'm hosting a show on Worthy FM this year and have been meaning to engage with the efestivals community to see if anyone wants to contribute.

Last year, Worthy FM started broadcasting on the Sunday before the festival. The plan is to start broadcasting fully from the Monday morning this year. I assume the music you're hearing above is test runs, but must admit I'm not really sure! I'll try to find out.

The show I'm working on (5pm-6pm Monday to Sunday) is all about the voice of the festival goers. I'm looking for people to share packing tips, festival tips,  camping tips, food tips etc - plus any weird, wonderful and funny stories.

If anyone wants to hear their voice on Worthy FM, please drop me a message!

Thank you.

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Worthy Ste said:

Hi everyone. It's funny to see this thread resurrected as I'm hosting a show on Worthy FM this year and have been meaning to engage with the efestivals community to see if anyone wants to contribute.

Last year, Worthy FM started broadcasting on the Sunday before the festival. The plan is to start broadcasting fully from the Monday morning this year. I assume the music you're hearing above is test runs, but must admit I'm not really sure! I'll try to find out.

The show I'm working on (5pm-6pm Monday to Sunday) is all about the voice of the festival goers. I'm looking for people to share packing tips, festival tips,  camping tips, food tips etc - plus any weird, wonderful and funny stories.

If anyone wants to hear their voice on Worthy FM, please drop me a message!

Thank you.

 

Welcome to Efests . I’m sure plenty on here have stories and wish to engage . Worthy fm is pretty good at getting shouts out in my experience . 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...